Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 3:02:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
OC is legal in most places but unless you are the wood or rural areas you might get some grief.  With the amount of tourists in RMNP I would not OC.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You can carry in the National Parks here but you can not carry inside the facilities.  That is,  the guest shops, restrooms and such.  But this is true at all national parks not just the ones here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OC is legal in most places but unless you are the wood or rural areas you might get some grief.  With the amount of tourists in RMNP I would not OC.
View Quote
I've actually OC'd in RMNP with absolutely no problems.  In fact I called them in 2013 when the law changed and they were very straight up with fact that the park has to allow both concealed and open carry
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can carry in the National Parks here but you can not carry inside the facilities.  That is,  the guest shops, restrooms and such.  But this is true at all national parks not just the ones here.
View Quote
Not exactly correct.  

You cannot carry in any facilities that contain administration offices.  Restrooms are not off limits (provided they are not in a building marked with the emblem), nor are certain gift shops, particularly, the one at the top of trail ridge.  The key thing is the building has to have the white circle with the black firearm in it and a red line through it.  If it doesn't have that you can carry in there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not exactly correct.  

You cannot carry in any facilities that contain administration offices.  Restrooms are not off limits (provided they are not in a building marked with the emblem), nor are certain gift shops, particularly, the one at the top of trail ridge.  The key thing is the building has to have the white circle with the black firearm in it and a red line through it.  If it doesn't have that you can carry in there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not exactly correct.  

Thank you for the clarification.  
I did not know that.  

I may or may not have carried past just success a sign in the past though.

Motorcycle trip though a np and stopped for a restroom break.  My options as l saw them were to pee my pants,  pee in the parking lot,  remove gun in the parking lot - in front of Lord only knows how many people - and then in full site stash it in unlockable saddlebags,  or keep it on me and hope no one notices.

Truth is l don't remember if there was a sign.  There is a gift shop and small theater so there probably was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top