Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 11:26:24 PM EDT
My 10 yr renewal is coming up.  I thought there was a re-training requirement every 10 years, but I don't see that on the website or renewal form.  (Adams county)

Am I missing something or did the rules change?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure proof of training is only required for new permits, not for renewals.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Renewal is every 5 years in Montrose County and doesn't require any additional training.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure proof of training is only required for new permits, not for renewals.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
the law is grey here. It doesn't actually specify. Most places take a previous ccw as proof of training for renewal. Denver does not. I've had one or two students who said the same about Arapahoe county but never Adams County. So it's a maybe.

If needed take a lecture only class or shoot a local match for your proof of training. Give them a call

Quoted:
Renewal is every 5 years in Montrose County and doesn't require any additional training.
he's on his second 5 year renewal for the permit. The training certificates are good for 10 years. So in Denver you need to retrain every other renewal of your permit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah. I should look over here. My second renewal is coming up in March.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My 10 yr renewal is coming up.  I thought there was a re-training requirement every 10 years, but I don't see that on the website or renewal form.  (Adams county)

Am I missing something or did the rules change?
View Quote

Adams doesn't require reup training for renewal.

My Adams CCW is a 5 year.  They change it at some point?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Adams doesn't require reup training for renewal.

My Adams CCW is a 5 year.  They change it at some point?
View Quote
I renewed mine last year without training cert.

My Adams CCW is 5 years as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Las Animas requires retraining every 10 years.  As an instructor, I don't think I need to do that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I did not need additional training when I renewed mine in Larimer County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top