Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2017 8:44:11 PM EDT
Coming in for four days next weekend.  Looking for non touristy must see type stuff to check out.  Been to Garden of the Gods, Helen Hunt falls, Pikes Peak etc already.  Also need some suggestions for good local type places to eat.  Lastly any weird in laws I should be aware of?  I have a Kansas CCW which is GTG in Colorado as far as I know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a really good Crepe shop near 30th and West Colorado.  Colorado Crepe Company.  2919 West Colorado.  The green chili crepe is incredible.

There is also the Coyote Coffee Den on the north side of Penrose on hwy 115 on your way to Canyon City/Royal Gorge.  The breakfast burritos smothered with green chili are biblical.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of food do you like? Like beer?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Trinity brewing is really good in the Springs, and you should do as much hiking and/or camping as possible.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't discriminate.  I love all kinds of cuisine.  Mexican food would probably be at the top of my list or greasy spoon type joints.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
People rave about the avocado pork smothered burrito at El Taco Rey, east side of downtown.  Go early, they close at 7 pm.  

I always liked Monica's Taco Shop breakfast burritos, they're a heart attack on a tortilla.  I liked La Casita (the pink place) as well, haven't been to one in a while.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Crave Real Burgers makes some awesome and very unique burgers.

the Brass Tap and Brewer's Republic are 2 good taphouses for craft beer. Our local breweries aren't great, but newcomer Cerberus is possibly the best - and they have good food too.

My favorite Mexican place in CS is probably Amanda's Fonda - although I haven't been in a while- Jose Muldoons is OK as well.

Rudy's BBQ is a pretty good place as well- usually very busy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top