Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 10:07:36 AM EDT
I live near downtown Denver and half of my gear is in Westminster at my Dad's place because he has far more storage room.

I already have a couple  indoor pistol ranges that I like to visit, but other than being able to take my AR to 25 yards or so, I'm missing some real rifle fun.

I'd like suggestions for a rifle range on the north side of the city I possible, that I could take my M1A out to 100-300 yards. I don't need super long range, but I don't want to be driving for hours either. Public access would also be  helpful.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Clear creek county range
Boulder rifle club (good luck)
Bristlecone
k2 or blucore or whatever they are now on jewel near Wadsworth
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Guns Shooting near Nunn CO

It's a bit further to drive but 100% worth it.

Multiple yardage rifle an pistol, action bays as well as sporting and trap

Nice people as well
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I am not fond of some of their range rules. The people are great.

I'd rather save a few bucks and drive ten minutes more to Pawnee grasslands with no range fee.

Mostly I'm cheap
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Golden Gun Club in Watkins.

$350 a year for membership.  Less if you actually do your work bond.

IM me if you want to know more.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I second this.  We have a 500 yd berm.  Only downside is lots of weekend matches which means some of the bays are restricted, and sometimes frequent cease fires.  Overall, we've got a good club for Colorado.  Discount for the work bond is pretty good, and serving as RO for a 4-5 hour match isn't bad at all.  Our members have been great in my experience over the last year, I've yet to see anyone do stupid shit, or be an ass at the range, better in that fact than any other club I've been a member of.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I second this.  We have a 500 yd berm. Only downside is lots of weekend matches which means some of the bays are restricted, and sometimes frequent cease fires.  Overall, we've got a good club for Colorado.  Discount for the work bond is pretty good, and serving as RO for a 4-5 hour match isn't bad at all.  Our members have been great in my experience over the last year, I've yet to see anyone do stupid shit, or be an ass at the range, better in that fact than any other club I've been a member of.
View Quote
Somebody hasn't been reading the club emails.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second this.  We have a 500 yd berm. Only downside is lots of weekend matches which means some of the bays are restricted, and sometimes frequent cease fires.  Overall, we've got a good club for Colorado.  Discount for the work bond is pretty good, and serving as RO for a 4-5 hour match isn't bad at all.  Our members have been great in my experience over the last year, I've yet to see anyone do stupid shit, or be an ass at the range, better in that fact than any other club I've been a member of.
Not being snarky here - might noy be getting the club emails.  Have the berms changed inn the last month?  Pm me if we should take this offline.
Thanks!  Mike
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Colorado clays has a 100yard range
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only mention in the last three emails relates to the 385 yard berm, which is not what was mentioned.   So, do you have any information, or are you talking out of your ass?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The only mention in the last three emails relates to the 385 yard berm, which is not what was mentioned.   So, do you have any information, or are you talking out of your ass?
View Quote
On an unrelated note, people are very nice at GGC for the most part.  Mostly, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I second the motion. GCC member here and I think it's a great bang for the buck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top