Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2017 12:49:43 PM EDT
Where can I get live crawfish within an hour or so of Colorado Springs?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
@nightdh
Not sure about within an hour, but I know that 11 Mile and Spinney have some nice sized ones. I've seen big blue ones that would barely fit in my hand. I have always wanted to take a trap up there.

Probably a good bet that there are crawfish in Rampart in Woodland Park. While I haven't seen any in North Catamount on Pikes Peak, I'd say there's probably a fair chance that there are some in those lakes, as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Skip all the work
I had a crawfish boil last month and it was AWESOME.
http://www.lacrawfish.com/
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skip all the work
View Quote
That's the place to use.  We've done a boil every year for the last 10 years and use LA Crawfish.  Their prices are great and the FedEx guy just drops them at your door.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's the place to use.  We've done a boil every year for the last 10 years and use LA Crawfish.  Their prices are great and the FedEx guy just drops them at your door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Skip all the work
Unfortunately these aren't for my belly. I have eyed that place before after seeing it mentioned here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unfortunately these aren't for my belly. I have eyed that place before after seeing it mentioned here.
View Quote
Please tell me there is a practical joke involved...Im intrigued.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please tell me there is a practical joke involved...Im intrigued.
View Quote
Nope, a couple girls want crawfish for their pond.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope, a couple girls want crawfish for their pond.
View Quote
I don't know enough about their physiology, but those blue crawfish up at Spinney would be very cool in a pond, if they stayed that color.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't know enough about their physiology, but those blue crawfish up at Spinney would be very cool in a pond, if they stayed that color.
View Quote
Sounds like a road trip is needed. Every once in a while I'd see a blue one in the lakes I fished back in PA.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get them flown here from LA.  It's not cheap, but it's worthwhile every now and then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top