Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 12:45:05 PM EDT
So after working hard for my new employer for about nine months they like me well enough that they are actually going to move me to Littleton to work out of our shop there.  I'll be trying to find a place on the south side of the metro or possibly even outside of town.

That's all well and good but I'm going to have to rebuild my network of shooters and friends. Is there any place within a couple hour drive of Denver where it's possible to shoot after dark so that I can continue to work on my NV stuff?  I assume they still host regular matches down in Pueblo that really test shooters as well.  One thing that I'm very sad to leave behind will be the Oklahoma Run&Gun. I used to help RO for that on a regular basis as well as participating in it when I could.

I would be much obliged for any tips you folks might have.

Ek
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They havea night time 3 gun competition at pawnee sportsmans center a year around July or so.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I assume they still host regular matches down in Pueblo that really test shooters as well.  One thing that I'm very sad to leave behind will be the Oklahoma Run&Gun. I used to help RO for that on a regular basis as well as participating in it when I could.
View Quote

Still putting on rifle matches in Pueblo.  Still tough shooting and some people actually enjoy shooting rifles like rifles.

Hope to see you down there again.

Frontier Gun Club allows night shooting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They havea night time 3 gun competition at pawnee sportsmans center a year around July or so.
View Quote

Yeah we do. You should come up here for the regular matches anyways. 3rd Sunday of the month.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately with a four year wait
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Still putting on rifle matches in Pueblo.  Still tough shooting and some people actually enjoy shooting rifles like rifles.

Hope to see you down there again.

View Quote

Great to hear on both counts!

Ek
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unfortunately with a four year wait
View Quote

So go down with a member...

I can't remember the last time I went down there by myself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So go down with a member...

I can't remember the last time I went down there by myself.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I don't know any members.   Heck, if it would move me up the list, I'd agree to only ever go after dark.   I'm a member at CRC, but like every other club around, they don't allow night shooting.   The only reason I'd ever go to frontier is to shoot at night
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
OP what do you do for a living? Just curious because I too work in a shop in Littleton
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP what do you do for a living? Just curious because I too work in a shop in Littleton
View Quote

Construction and heavy equipment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!

Check the tacked threads...we are shooting in a few weeks if you have made it out by then.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I was crossing my fingers on getting the membership invite at the Hanover range after the membership rolled over at the end of February.   Nothing yet.   I may just have to do some public land shooting at night instead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top