Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish evil things on that fucktard Dudley Brown.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's hoping
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Won't go anywhere but I'll send an email anyways.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't go anywhere but I'll send an email anyways.
View Quote

Yep. Read the article and applaud my senator and the rest of the Rs for doing this. However, Vicki and others need to cut their ties with Pudley. Also, Lori Saine  (mentioned in the article) is part of the reason Ds took over in 2012. She needs to STFU on social issues and be a little more consistent on liberty.  For good measure, I'll add another FDB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
sadly until Leninpooper is gone, this is just a feel good measure.

I'll also toss in a FDB
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I was coming here to discuss this topic, I recently purchased a 17 round mag on gun broker for a semi-custom gun. Even though i'm military and have been able to obtain any amount of 30 round magazines I want buying them on post the seller sent the following reply after a few emails explaining how no one really gives a shit about the law.

My gripe is that the law doesn't say the firearm has to be a duty weapon. It implies in my opinion that because I carry a firearm for a living I am exempt and considered vetted. Either way I told them I would buy it elsewhere.

From the seller:

The law states "...who bear a firearm in the course of their official duties...". We have spoken to the Colorado Attorney Generals office who was unwilling to properly define what that exactly constitutes, whether that means only while one is performing their duties or if they do preform those duties regardless if it's involved with those duties. Because of the vague nature of what that line means coupled with the Colorado Attorney Generals inability to properly define what that entails, our lawyers have stated that we should only sell magazines in the instance that the person who wishes to purchase them can prove that they will be used in the course of their official duties as a licenced peace officer, federal law enforcement official, or member of the US armed forces. If you can provide documentation and Identification showing that you are applicable AND are using it for official duties we can sell you the magazines, otherwise by our lawyers recommendation based upon the vague nature of Colorados law we will not sell the magazines.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we should have sanctuary cities for magazines

Also, I am still waiting to see video of anyone asking Hickenlooper how many rounds the illegal (who worked at Hick's restaurant) used to murder Detective Donnie Young.  

https://www.odmp.org/officer/reflections/17748-detective-donald-ray-young
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Won't get out of committee.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Won't get out of committee.
View Quote

Email from NRA-ILA

Today, the Senate State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee approved Senate Bill 7 by a 3-2 vote (Yes: Marble, Neville, and Scott – No: Court and Fenberg).  Thank you to Senator Vicki Marble for sponsoring Senate Bill 7.  SB 7 would repeal the misguided 2013 law that limited the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold, now heads to the Senate floor where it will await a vote by the full chamber.  Please continue to contact your state Senator and state Representative and politely urge them to SUPPORT Senate Bill 7 when it comes up for a vote.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Email from NRA-ILA

Today, the Senate State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee approved Senate Bill 7 by a 3-2 vote (Yes: Marble, Neville, and Scott – No: Court and Fenberg).  Thank you to Senator Vicki Marble for sponsoring Senate Bill 7.  SB 7 would repeal the misguided 2013 law that limited the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold, now heads to the Senate floor where it will await a vote by the full chamber.  Please continue to contact your state Senator and state Representative and politely urge them to SUPPORT Senate Bill 7 when it comes up for a vote.
View Quote

It won't fare well in the House.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It won't fare well in the House.
View Quote

The house committee is a kill committee.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Any news on the vote today?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]
It's dead as expected
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's dead as expected
View Quote

Then the NRA lied in this email? There may be hope!

"Today, the Colorado Senate passed Senate Bill 7 with a bipartisan vote of 21-13.  Sponsored by state Senator Vicki Marble, SB 7 would repeal the misguided 2013 law that limited the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold.

Senate Bill 7 would allow law-abiding Coloradans to more effectively defend themselves and their loved ones and not be limited by a misguided law that criminals do not follow.  

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170210/colorado-repeal-of-magazine-ban-passes-senate-with-bipartisan-support
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then the NRA lied in this email? There may be hope!
View Quote

It looks like Senate Bill 007 passed, but House Bill 1097 (the mirroring House bill) was killed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks like Senate Bill 007 passed, but House Bill 1097 (the mirroring House bill) was killed.
View Quote

Yeah, I got too excited and didn't see House/Senate.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top