Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2016 4:39:36 PM EDT
I am looking for someone to Cerakote my XLR Element rifle Chassis.  No fancy patterns or anything, just one color. Tan. I am on a budget so looking for something quite a bit cheaper than the $100 options I have found online.  A case of beer and cost of materials for an amature hobbiest would be ideal...  Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I'd like to know this guy too
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
if you do get it done, just don't let anyone friggin bead blast off the anodizing.  if someone does that its an immediate no go for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cheaper than $100?

I would suggest Duracoating it yourself, since it will probably last as long as a budget cerakote job.

Good luck!
View Quote

+1   

I doubt you'll get a decent job for less than $100.  If you go cheap on cerakote I think corners are cut with the surface prep.  My Hi Power has not been carried at all and rarely handled and it is losing some of the finish on high spots.  Just food for thought 
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah uh, you wont get a pro cerakote job for $100. Has to be blasted, soaked in acetone, baked, soaked again, then sprayed, then baked, then done all over again if theres any fuck ups. My stripped lower/upper/tube was $160 in a single color - and that was a deal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The skill set and labor and equipment to do a good cerakote job precludes your budget requirement.

Buy a big jug of acetone and a few cans of alumahyde from brownells and do it yourself.  It will probably turn out far better than you think, and alumahyde when done right holds up pretty darn well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ironridgeguns.com/coatings/
these guys?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.ironridgeguns.com/coatings/
these guys?
View Quote

I just had Jason @ Pri-paird (lafayette shop) do my 308 several weeks ago. Turned out awesome:

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Tommy,
I have had 3 rifles done by the guys up at Iron Ridge. That and they put some a few new flashhiders on for me that were pinned and welded previously. They do great work, but they are slow and communication can be bit frustrating, all in all Ive gone back twice now and Ill probably keep doing so
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:20:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tommy,
I have had 3 rifles done by the guys up at Iron Ridge. That and they put some a few new flashhiders on for me that were pinned and welded previously. They do great work, but they are slow and communication can be bit frustrating, all in all Ive gone back twice now and Ill probably keep doing so
View Quote

Nice guy, interesting stories, neat guns etc.. Had my SCAR for 4 months for a cerakote job, couldn't get an answer or return call. Showed up and got my rifle back, in the exact same condition I left it in.

+1 for Tim @ Dangerlee Industries. Though he'll probably work with you on price, a case of beer doesn't put food on the table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top