Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2016 2:37:29 PM EDT
I was going to write a thread about retention vs. non-retention of judges in CO...and then I realized that you should be UTTERLY TERRIFIED of doing ANYTHING to draw attention to you in america's current political climate.  

Especially of anyone involved in the "judgments and prosecutions for hire" business.  Good show, .gov.  Good show.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Then change your thread title.  En-Is-Aa records everything.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there anyone we actually want to support?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally know Robert hawthorn. He is a good man, gun enthusiast, Hunter, small town boy from Missouri like me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
In Douglas county judge chase took care of me during my divorce. So I voted for her.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA: I'm not thrilled with the information available. Googling the judges mostly just gets me the content-free vapid bullshit that the Commission on Judicial Performance puts out. I want the actual decisions that each of those clowns authored or dissented from or concurred in. So I'm going to flood this thread and the one I started with my own stuff.

CO Supreme Court: Hood, as a district judge in Denver at the time,  let a Democrat pressure group draw the map for the 2011 redistricting. And he was a Hickenloser appointee.
So F--- him.

CO Court of Appeals:

Karen Ashby was one of the judges who let the state magazine ban and let's-pretend-it's-not-registration statute stand. That's enough for me to vote "no" without any further effort.

Michael Berger concurred with the "F*** you, bake me a cake" ruling. He also concurred on a reversal of a murder conviction that sent it back for a new trial in Weld County, which I don't think was a horrible call in that case (the trial judge let a bunch of character witnesses in, and IMHO shouldn't have.) Just based upon the "Christian bakery" ruling (and even speaking as a supporter of gay marriage) f*** him too. (Also a Hickenloser appointee, by the way.)

Steven Bernard: Appointed by Owens. Frequently assumed of a pro-prosecution bias when he reviewed criminal matters. Can't find any cases where he ruled as a judge, but there are a few where he was the prosecutor. Also, remember the Jeffco teacher sick-out a few years ago? Bernard was one of the three (along with Hawthorne and Navarro, also on the ballot) who held that the identities of the teachers involved were public record. Still trying to make up my mind.

Robert Hawthorne: Wrote the decision forcing CU to honor concealed weapons licenses "valid in all areas of the state." I like him just for that, if nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife looked up every judge on the ballot. Her and I voted to remove EVERY judge that Hickenpooper appointed on the ballot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife looked up every judge on the ballot. Her and I voted to remove EVERY judge that Hickenpooper appointed on the ballot.
View Quote

Same here but that was just the first criteria for my judicial decisions.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The recommendation in the blue book was to retain every single one of them  

If in doubt, throw 'em out
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The recommendation in the blue book was to retain every single one of them  

If in doubt, throw 'em out
View Quote

there was one "no retain" in my book

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is easy to do on ballotopedia.com
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe unfair on my part, but i make it a point to not retain any judge .

Good,bad,or in different.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Voted to not retain any of them, with the full knowledge that it is a rare occurrence that any are actually voted out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that tip, that made it easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top