Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 5:19:11 PM EDT
So what are the chances of Colorado Care passing?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly as high as the chances that the majority of Colorado is stupid.  So....
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Denver post said chances are slim. Maybe 30% of people are for it.
$12/hr min wage looks likely, which is a small business killer. I for one have reversed my decision to bring 15-20 jobs into Denver area over 69 and 70. Most of my employees make over $12-14/hr but I get hard workers at that cost. I don't want to hire bottom of the barrel workers at 12/hr. While I offer insurance at work too, I do so voluntarily and don't want any government telling me what I can and can't do. At 50% employee/50% company match I think is fair and so I offer that. I'm not doing a 3.3% employee/6.6% company match, nor do I want to pay health insurance based on my salary.

Denver already has mediocre health care. There really aren't enough doctors for the influx of people. I don't think we need an exodus of Doctors or a huge surge on demand.  

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/07/colorado-voters-favor-minimum-wage-hike-presidential-primary-new-poll/

Despite the unknowns, the opposition to Amendment 69, known as ColoradoCare, is apparent. Only 27 percent would vote yes in a hypothetical contest, compared with 65 percent who would vote no. An additional 8 percent are undecided, the poll showed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to imagine the crap that rolls out of Denver.  I've got a friend who just bought a place by walsenburg so I was curious how this would play out.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Not going to pass.  If it does, then who wants to buy my house?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto, it will be the death knell to this state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Smae here. I doubt it passes. Ive seen exactly one "yes on 69" bumper sticker around town.
That being said I never underestimate the stupidity of the assholes that have invaded my home state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hahaha!

How often do tax raising amendments get passed?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Unlikely, as long as the nevertrumpers still show up for the down-ticket crap. Even with legal weed I don't think this state is that stupid.

Yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Even Hickenlooper and Bennett are against it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hahaha!

How often do tax raising amendments get passed?
View Quote

New taxes are never approved of in my area.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
If it passes, I'm leaving CO. Which would suck, I love CO.

Chances are slim, though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen plenty of ads against it.  Not one ad for it.  Highly unlikely it would pass
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've seen plenty of ads against it.  Not one ad for it.  Highly unlikely it would pass
View Quote

Amazingly, there are a couple of ladies pushing for it HARD in Montrose, on the facebook message boards.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Amazingly, there are a couple of ladies pushing for it HARD in Montrose, on the facebook message boards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And getting slapped down hard.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top