Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2016 7:40:24 PM EDT
Just got a job out at Centennial airport so, I'll be hitting the road from Boise in the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations on places to avoid as far as housing? Looking at renting for the first year with the possibility of buying next year. I've been looking at poeple posting for roommates but some of them seem to asking for enough money to cover their mortgage just to rent a bedroom.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything near that airport would be fine
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay out of the city and county of Denver proper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Rent is probably 2 times what your used to. That's  a good side of town to live in. Check south towards Castle Rock of Elizabeth,might be lower.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The city isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

You could try looking in Green Valley Ranch.  Everything on the south end is going to be pretty pricey.  Check the south end of Aurora, though.

Avoid having to commute I25 during rush hour.  If you can't avoid it, use the trains.  Do not drive I25 during rush hour.  Period.  The southwest section of 470 is a mess, too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rent is probably 2 times what your used to. That's  a good side of town to live in. Check south towards Castle Rock of Elizabeth,might be lower.
View Quote

Yup
Better be getting a big raise of COL adjustment
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The city isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

You could try looking in Green Valley Ranch.  Everything on the south end is going to be pretty pricey.  Check the south end of Aurora, though.

Avoid having to commute I25 during rush hour.  If you can't avoid it, use the trains.  Do not drive I25 during rush hour.  Period.  The southwest section of 470 is a mess, too.
View Quote

Agreed about Denver
Also, Arapahoe Road and I-25 will be under construction for the next two years
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, been looking at a couple of places in Castle Rock and Elizabeth. Rush hour shouldn't be a factor since I'll be working a monthly rotating schedule and none of them start at the normal rush hour times.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I am down in Castle Rock myself and love it. Centennial is about 20 minutes from me as that's where I fly out of so too am there regularly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Castle Pines and you can easily get to Centennial Airport without ever getting on the interstate.

(Havana to Ridgegate to Peoria)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in Castle Pines and you can easily get to Centennial Airport without ever getting on the interstate.

View Quote

Rich guy

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Our last house was in Cottonwood Hills off Jordan and Cottonwood.   I think they used our cul de sac as an approach to one of Centennial's runways, but the neighborhood was nice.   Cottonwood to the east is a bit older and might rent for less.   We're south now, and going North on Parker road SUCKS for red lights and you'd likely be passing by us if you were in Elizabeth.

Looking at 20 years experience, I'd say if not the Cottonwood area, Southeast Aurora;  Chambers and Yale and South East from that.  If you have kids, go south of Hampden and you'll be in Cherry Creek Schools.

Building around Cottonwood is insane and I think we got out at the perfect time.   At least they have most of the roads built up for some of the traffic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Rich guy

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rich guy

classy
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I am 15 miles south of Elizabeth (in Elbert).

Elizabeth would be a great area.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Another vote for the Castle Rock area, though it isn't cheap.  I'm looking to move that way myself to be closer to work (DCF Guns, check us out!).  I'm in Saudi Aurora now, and would not recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top