Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 12:20:04 AM EDT
GA transplant here in Pueblo.

Had and rehearsed our evac plan back home.

Here .....  I got nuffin.

Where's a good place to evac to from pueblo?

And, yes.  I have located fresh water sources within a few miles of town and would prefer to go south or southwest to distance myself as much as possible from ft. Carson.

Lil help?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The mountains, of course. West of Walsenburg may be worth a scouting trip for you. Unfortunately I haven't been off 160 but I'm sure there are some desolate areas that'll provide off the beaten path.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Being in Pueblo is enough reason to evacuate by itself.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being in Pueblo is enough reason to evacuate by itself.
View Quote

No kidding.

Took a job at (cough) last summer as a gap fill while waiting for December hire date with WHP.
Governor enacted hiring freeze early November.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed... Mountains are the safest bet. Get in, get deep and hunker down. Plenty of wildlife and water.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The mountains will kill you if you're not prepared, especially in winter.  From Pueblo, I'd probably go down the valley--there's water and plenty of vegetation.

Either place there will be competition for resources, and people who don't want you around.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The mountains will kill you if you're not prepared, especially in winter.  From Pueblo, I'd probably go down the valley--there's water and plenty of vegetation.

Either place there will be competition for resources, and people who don't want you around.
View Quote

Spend some time driving around.  DO it in all seasons.  As DB says, the mountains will fuck you up.

Also think ease of travel and choke points.  Going into the mountains there are lots of these.  Buy maps, drive back roads now, because then it is too late.

Also keep in mind, the lower ARK Valley, SLV and Trinidad regions are some what insular, they like tourists and tourist money now, but when shit hits the fan expect a different attitude.  You might want to get out and make friends now as opposed to being just another stranger later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If the S truly HTF, realistically, what are your chances?  Game will vanish almost immediately.  Ranchers will not take kindly to you trying to eat their stock.  Farmers won't like you raiding their produce.  How far can you get on a tank of gas?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the S truly HTF, realistically, what are your chances?  Game will vanish almost immediately.  Ranchers will not take kindly to you trying to eat their stock.  Farmers won't like you raiding their produce.  How far can you get on a tank of gas?
View Quote

What he said.

I am always amazed by how many people think they can go walk off into the mountains and just live of the "game" that is going to be so plentiful. How many other 10 of thousands of people have the same idea. How long will all that game last. How much food can you effectively store if you are lucky enough to drop a large animal.

There is SO MUCH MORE that needs to go into your planning and preps than can be answered by the information given in the OP.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If you don't already have an established bugout location you won't be able to haul enough up to the mountains to survive one Summer...let alone a Winter. Everybody and their dog is planning to head for their favorite camping spot if shit goes gunnysack. Game will be all but gone within weeks.

If anything you'll be better off staying home, laying low, and scavenging through your neighbors' empty houses.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What he said.

I am always amazed by how many people think they can go walk off into the mountains and just live of the "game" that is going to be so plentiful. How many other 10 of thousands of people have the same idea. How long will all that game last. How much food can you effectively store if you are lucky enough to drop a large animal.

There is SO MUCH MORE that needs to go into your planning and preps than can be answered by the information given in the OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.

Agreed but initially you'll want to remove yourself from the target area then assess if you haven't planned properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top