Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 8:44:17 PM EDT

I'm on the northern side of Denver just inside Weld cty and I'm wanting to build a small room w/in my garage to secure some items.  I'm looking at perhaps a 6x12 area that will need to be framed, insulated, wired for electricity and perhaps a ductless AC/Heat unit.  Can anyone recommend someone that can do the work?

Thanks

Walt
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
All my contacts are way south in the Parker, Elizabeth areas. Everyone is just buried with work down here at this time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
This is more of a June/July project so immediate availability isn't a requirement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is more of a June/July project so immediate availability isn't a requirement.
View Quote

IMO you should line them up Now!. Come june, you'll be lucky to get someone in before Christmas. I have a GC that may be available mid May/ June. Another late June time frame. IM me your info, i'll pass it along.

You're probably going to need 2-3 guys for your needs. Most will sub the hvac & electrical.  
Up side is you don't have a large area to do. The down side, you don't have a large area.  With the work load being what it is (AND) really picking up, again.  The chance you'll get someone in your time frame are slim. That's why i suggest you get them lined up now.

Look at the mini-split systems for your ac/heat needs, having one installed in the shop next week.  Our kid said they put 2 in their house, great units that used low-moderate electricity for what they turn out, heat & cooling wise.  I was not familiar with them, fortunately she did all the leg work. Being a real picky kid (must be from her mother) we knew what to look for.  

For HVAC there's a few good guys, both gun owners. I'll give them your info too. .

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

IMO you should line them up Now!. Come june, you'll be lucky to get someone in before Christmas. I have a GC that may be available mid May/ June. Another late June time frame. IM me your info, i'll pass it along.

You're probably going to need 2-3 guys for your needs. Most will sub the hvac & electrical.  
Up side is you don't have a large area to do. The down side, you don't have a large area.  With the work load being what it is (AND) really picking up, again.  The chance you'll get someone in your time frame are slim. That's why i suggest you get them lined up now.

Look at the mini-split systems for your ac/heat needs, having one installed in the shop next week.  Our kid said they put 2 in their house, great units that used low-moderate electricity for what they turn out, heat & cooling wise.  I was not familiar with them, fortunately she did all the leg work. Being a real picky kid (must be from her mother) we knew what to look for.  

For HVAC there's a few good guys, both gun owners. I'll give them your info too. .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm working on lining up someone to do the work.  There's always something getting in between me and getting my projects done.  IMing now.

Any suggestions on the brand for the mini-split system?  Pioneer?  Mitsubishi? Sanyo?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm working on lining up someone to do the work.  There's always something getting in between me and getting my projects done.  IMing now.

Any suggestions on the brand for the mini-split system?  Pioneer?  Mitsubishi? Sanyo?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the one going in tuesday. The spouse got it for a late 60th b-day present. Tired of me tripping over the propane units i've been using. Wasn't interested at first. NOW...... can't wait for it to be installed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top