Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2016 11:32:19 PM EDT
I have a few things I want/need to get done (mostly muzzle brake jobs i.e. pin and reweld but also have a rem 700 with a barrel I want cut down and threaded for a suppressor) so I'm looking for someone local or within 100mi to do the work. Recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used Todd Lockburner's crew a few times. He opened up 'Magnum Shooting Center' and now does gunsmith projects out of that facility. It is located by the Bass Pro Shops near I-25 and North Gate Blvd. Todd's a good dude, and i'my assuming his gunsmith still do good work
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
BP Tactical Services. Northern Denver 'burbs but worth the drive
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BP Tactical Services. Northern Denver 'burbs but worth the drive
View Quote

What ever you do. Don't mention cats or cat food.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was unaware that Lockburner is associated with Magnum Shooting Center.

You might try Earl Hickman in the Springs.  He's over near Circle and east Platte.

http://www.hickmanrifles.com/
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was unaware that Lockburner is associated with Magnum Shooting Center.

You might try Earl Hickman in the Springs.  He's over near Circle and east Platte.

http://www.hickmanrifles.com/
View Quote

^^ This.  Earl and his folks do good work at reasonable prices.  I have a friend getting his rifle barrel shortened and threaded for a muzzle brake.  They quoted him a very good price for the work.  You won't be disappointed with what they can do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info...I'll be calling a few of these to get this process started.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are at least two gunsmiths near Trinidad that could do the work.

View Quote

I know one who was a professional machinist before attending gunsmithing school.  He can time a muzzle break so or flash suppressor so it is perfectly at 12 o'clock (and no washers).
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Gary Kimball. On Wilson Combat's recommended 1911 gunsmith list. He's done a ton of odds and ends for me, only a little was 1911 related.

He's off constitution
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top