Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2016 6:02:41 PM EDT
What do yall think about having a thread where any trip (Camping, Hiking, Shooting Ect.) that you want some ARFCOM company you just create a post and if anyone want to tag along they can.

It would be a little less formal than one of our organised trips, just a way to maybe get motivated to go do something you might not do otherwise or have a little extra company when you want it.

Example:
Hey guys I am headed up for a overnight hike on the Ben Tyler trail west of Bailey, CO January 9th and 10th. Let me know if you want to join.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What do yall think about having a thread where any trip (Camping, Hiking, Shooting Ect.) that you want some ARFCOM company you just create a post and if anyone want to tag along they can.

It would be a little less formal than one of our organised trips, just a way to maybe get motivated to go do something you might not do otherwise or have a little extra company when you want it.

Example:

Hey guys I am headed up for a overnight hike on the Ben Tyler trail west of Bailey, CO January 9th and 10th. Let me know if you want to join.
View Quote
sounds like a good idea to me.  I did a lengthy road trip through SW Colorado last summer.  Would have been cool to meet up with a person or two along the way

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Great idea.

Probably heading to Loveland Sunday if anyone wants to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Denverdan has an excuse but more details are needed. Where are you starting from?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great idea.

View Quote

I've got a 4-pak. I'll head over sometime soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm Trying to make it out to Chaffee County Shooting Range soon,  Want to get my 16" set up before CWW. No idea when exactly however... Anyone want to shoot?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be down for a shoot no this weekend but next..... Let me know what you come up with
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:18:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm Trying to make it out to Chaffee County Shooting Range soon,  Want to get my 16" set up before CWW. No idea when exactly however... Anyone want to shoot?
View Quote

Kiltakaze wants to head to that range to practice soon too. I'm sure we'd meet up with you there. However, the shooting is the easy part...the chug though. THAT'S what I'll be practicing. Although, nvg will paint and shape the targets to blend in with the terrain...
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in Chaffee County.  Let me know when you boys are coming over.  I'll try to join ya.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great idea.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kiltakaze wants to head to that range to practice soon too. I'm sure we'd meet up with you there. However, the shooting is the easy part...the chug though. THAT'S what I'll be practicing. Although, nvg will paint and shape the targets to blend in with the terrain...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can practice chugging as well, keeping a 2L in my range bag.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did this shoot already happen or still in the planning stages? I'd be down for an informal arfcommers range trip.

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did this shoot already happen or still in the planning stages? I'd be down for an informal arfcommers range trip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hasn't happened. I might be able to do it next weekend, otherwise it will be February sometime.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
This last weekend at the Chaffee range was really motivating. I am reminded that I don't get out often enough: I would like to!

I live on the Western Slope (last of the holdouts) and do invite the opportunity for other shooters to make it out this way.

As for the local community-Delta/GJ/Montrose- we need to get together again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone here climb? I'm itching for an Indian Creek trip sans libtards.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Man I would love to learn!

I fucked my knee up something bad during my HS years.....Getting hit by a car will do that but my knee is the strongest it's ever been moving out here and honestly I'd like to do more like that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I fucked my knee up something bad during my HS years.....Getting hit by a car will do that but my knee is the strongest it's ever been moving out here and honestly I'd like to do more like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest taking a class.  Don't know where you are, Saigaman.  You can usually do that at an indoor climbing gym for the basics and then go outside for more instruction.

I have limited time and only instruct attractive women.    At least I'm honest. My climbing frequency went from a few times/wk to a few times/yr. However, if you have questions, then you can feel free PM me.  

The place I mentioned above (in Utard) isn't really beginner friendly, but it's cool.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Crossing the border into New Mexico today to attend the Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous' Trail Walk with a 45 cal smokepole I repaired earlier this year.  Go to http://cap-n-ball.com/raton/ for more information.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Crossing the border into New Mexico today to attend the Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous' Trail Walk with a 45 cal smokepole I repaired earlier this year.  Go to http://cap-n-ball.com/raton/ for more information.
View Quote

Huh, That looks cool.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Planning a 30 mile section hike of the Colorado trail on the weekend of July 29th.
Just in the planning stages at the moment but I am planning to start at Kenosha pass and spend 3 days hiking up towards Breckinridge.

Let me know if you are interested in tagging along.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Planning a 30 mile section hike of the Colorado trail on the weekend of July 29th.
Just in the planning stages at the moment but I am planning to start at Kenosha pass and spend 3 days hiking up towards Breckinridge.

View Quote

Hmmmmm the wife and I will discuss this tonight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm in Switzerland right now, but I'll be back soon and wanting to get back out at it ASAP. The weather here has been shit (was originally supposed to climb Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, and Eiger...climbed exactly zero of them) so I'm looking forward to the eternal CO sunshine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm in Switzerland right now, but I'll be back soon and wanting to get back out at it ASAP. The weather here has been shit (was originally supposed to climb Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, and Eiger...climbed exactly zero of them) so I'm looking forward to the eternal CO sunshine.
View Quote

Not gone lie. I had you in mind when I started planing this trip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know, I would love to have ya along, April too if she is interested.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the route I have planned

Map
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Map
View Quote

That looks pretty awesome. I have to asses my time off and see what I have left.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That looks pretty awesome. I have to asses my time off and see what I have left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map

Planning on starting early morning Friday the 29th of July and finishing some time on Sunday the 31st.

There is a early bail out point north of Breckenridge around the 30 mile mark if that's as far as we get. If we make good time then getting all the way to Copper Mt. would be just over 40 miles.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Planning on starting early morning Friday the 29th of July and finishing some time on Sunday the 31st.

There is a early bail out point north of Breckenridge around the 30 mile mark if that's as far as we get. If we make good time then getting all the way to Copper Mt. would be just over 40 miles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map

Ok man we're in. My stepdaughter wants to tag along if that's cool.
What's the water situation on that stretch?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map

Should be ok. There are a few creek crossings and a few ponds scattered around. As long as you have a good filter I don't foresee any issues. I have a filter and purification tabs. Rachelle also has a filter.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Kinda off the wall but anyone going to the massive pokemon go meetup downtown today?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Hello Everyone,

Let's get this thread back and active?
I'm ready for some wintertime adventures!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hello Everyone,

Let's get this thread back and active?
I'm ready for some wintertime adventures!
View Quote

What's your ideal wintertime adventure?

I'm off work until January and ready to get at it. Gonna be ice climbing a lot, both Front Range and elsewhere. Might try to make a trip to Zion if the timing works out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]
You went to the dark side. Ice is for the cooler.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You went to the dark side. Ice is for the cooler.
View Quote

It got its fangs into me last year. Love it. Better than any other kind of climbing IMO
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It got its fangs into me last year. Love it. Better than any other kind of climbing IMO
View Quote

Wrong. Once you go crack, you never go back. South Platte and Indian Creek for the win.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Anybody in the North Metro looking to go shoot ducks and geese on January 1st?

Cold and dark is a little more bearable with a partner in the blind.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anybody in the North Metro looking to go shoot ducks and geese on January 1st?

Cold and dark is a little more bearable with a partner in the blind.
View Quote

I would have gone with you had I seen this in time! Any other time, I'm in.
I need to get the mobile app so I'm aware of post updates :(
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What's your ideal wintertime adventure?

I'm off work until January and ready to get at it. Gonna be ice climbing a lot, both Front Range and elsewhere. Might try to make a trip to Zion if the timing works out.
View Quote

I've never been, that sounds fantastic if you go to do it again anytime soon. I can get gear too if needed..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top