Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2015 8:31:35 PM EDT
Good evening.
I recently moved to Colorado to attend gunsmithing school and will be maintaining my Virginia residency while I'm in school.  I have a couple projects (one for sure) that will be requiring a suppressor as part of the overall finished product; ie. machine barrel to match suppressor, etc.  I'd also like to Form 1 one of AR's while I'm out here.

Does anyone have any experience in this department or recommend a dealer who can help me with this?

I came across these regulations per the BATFE during my searches of a similar instance in Colorado, but I'm not really sure how legit it is:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5899044

The regs are posted by a user towards the bottom.

Thanks for anyones help in advance.

Eric

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you go to these forums under the armory section you can get more info, than here.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/b/6_Armory.html

NFA / Class 3

However, you cannot buy any NFA item and take possession of it here, being an out of state resident.  As you asked and received on another forum (how many you ask on?)  You could buy one here BUT needs to F3 to your resident state NFA FFL..
As for your project, you could mock up a fake can to complete.

Plan B, get a CO DL.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jim.

This is the only forum I asked on; I found the previous link in my search regarding someone attempting to do the same thing.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top