User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:26:44 AM EDT
Enjoy the first day of first rifle season
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I was going! But good luck to those more fortunate than me!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wish i had a tag. On way to Dr office, 5 wander in front of me off the Platte in Ft Fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish i had a tag. On way to Dr office, 5 wander in front of me off the Platte in Ft Fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was leaving the hunting spot last weekend and had a doe jump 20yrds in front of the Jeep.

Had private land tags since Sept 1

Buddy got a cow 3 weeks ago with a private tag, great morning.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Deer season opens for me this weekend. Knock on wood, hope I see something to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Deer season opens for me this weekend. Knock on wood, hope I see something to shoot.
View Quote
Best of luck. Im going up to 171 with a group. Cow and bull tags over the counter. Planning on hiking my ass off.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
First and foremost be careful.

And good luck!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Buddy and I are heading up to gmu 33 glenwood springs tomorrow for 2nd rifle, leftover cow and otc bull. Was kinda just a spur of the moment, wanted gmu 444. Good luck to everyone else going hunting and be safe.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

After 3.5 years living out here I finally killed something bigger than a Prarie dog.
4x3 but really wide/old and big bodied. I fit, including my arms, easily inside the rack. 182 yards, one shot, dropped in his tracks still chewing his food. Yea!!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

After 3.5 years living out here I finally killed something bigger than a Prarie dog.
4x3 but really wide/old and big bodied. I fit, including my arms, easily inside the rack. 182 yards, one shot, dropped in his tracks still chewing his food. Yea!!!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/jaflowers/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3631_zpsodjnbrbf.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/jaflowers/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3631_zpsodjnbrbf.jpg

Wow that's a nice one! Which GMU?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GMU 581. Pike National Forest.
Saw lots of does, a nice bull elk and the one buck. All I had was the buck tag other wise I might have been coming home with the elk too. Had a great time.......next up is hunting in Tennessee with my family Thanksgiving week.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  Are you getting him mounted?  I would at least get a Euro mount done on that guy.  What cartridge/load did you use?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice.  Are you getting him mounted?  I would at least get a Euro mount done on that guy.  What cartridge/load did you use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to mount the antlers but not a Euro mount. Used a 308 with handloads. Guess the rifle.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a nice one, especially for 581. You sound just like me, I'm from Missouri and its a whole different game out here. I'm going back to hunt rifle in MO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm going to mount the antlers but not a Euro mount. Used a 308 with handloads. Guess the rifle.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/jaflowers/IMG_36282_zps7gkyavkz.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/jaflowers/IMG_36282_zps7gkyavkz.jpg

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Used a 308 with handloads. Guess the rifle.

View Quote

That's a Kel-Tec, right?  

Now you got me wanting to take my 308 hunting.  Normally, I use a Model 70 Classic (controlled round feed/Mauser action) in 300 WSM.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That's a Kel-Tec, right?  

Now you got me wanting to take my 308 hunting.  Normally, I use a Model 70 Classic (controlled round feed/Mauser action) in 300 WSM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Used a 308 with handloads. Guess the rifle.

That's a Kel-Tec, right?  

Tech-9 come on man!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top