BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Have looked at housing prices in the ski towns?

2. Long winters
View Quote

Ouch, how bad are the winters here?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Long winters

Dress for summer, be prepared for winter.

lot of the time it's not bad.   The up side is unless there's major accumulation, the streets are usually clear by end of the day, if not following one.
The down side is that black ice.   Then there's the fact most secondary roads don't get plowed.  Pat few years when it piles up,it piles up.

Unless there was ice on the ground i rode my mc's year round.  I also had the correct winter / foul weather gear.

Curious, with 3 post. Did you not do your homework before moving here??
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lot of the time it's not bad.   The up side is unless there's major accumulation, the streets are usually clear by end of the day, if not following one.
The down side is that black ice.   Then there's the fact most secondary roads don't get plowed.  Pat few years when it piles up,it piles up.

Unless there was ice on the ground i rode my mc's year round.  I also had the correct winter / foul weather gear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Long winters

Been here for a while actually, i don't usually post but i also had a second account which i don't use anymore. I guess this is just the account i haven't used in a while, hence the reason for 3 posts

Pretty much from the research i've done i am getting the same stories from people, just kind of wondering what else i have to look forward too, the snow stories kind of worry me a little bit, i have a pretty fast car and i am going to have to get something much safer for winter driving
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Been here for a while actually, i don't usually post but i also had a second account which i don't use anymore. I guess this is just the account i haven't used in a while, hence the reason for 3 posts

Pretty much from the research i've done i am getting the same stories from people, just kind of wondering what else i have to look forward too, the snow stories kind of worry me a little bit, i have a pretty fast car and i am going to have to get something much safer for winter driving
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Long winters

Less gas pedal, good snow tires. NOT ALL WEATHER.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hey JC, sorry to see you go. Good luck on your next adventure!
View Quote

Thank you. Going to FL. It'll be good.

Today's the day I'm outta here; or at least for a while. This place has a way of reeling me back in though. I've left several times and end up back here somehow .

I'll be back here in the spring-time for some turns at The Basin and a few favorites around Zuma. Maybe even for the summer, we'll see.

Have a good winter and enjoy the ski season !

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what do you want out of life in Colorado that you're not getting in Texas?  I'd start with that.

I've been here for 40 years.  It ain't what it used to be.  Too damn many people, not  enough water, too many east and west coast attitudes anymore.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go somewhere else.
View Quote

Ya know, I've been here for a year and a half and this is how I feel. I'm in Colorado Springs and for a military town, it seems to damn crowded here. Like others have said, majority of people are transplants for the weed and military, so you have a mix of the good and the bad.

I'm begging & pleading with my Command to get me out of here even though I do love the area/scenery and outdoor life
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been here a month, i honestly love this place

I hope to make it my new home and stay here, i would rather not go to California even if i was offered a better job in San Francisco, i have sort of adapted and am enjoying this state and what it has to offer.

Some things worry me though, I've heard hunting is expensive and kind of sucks in Colorado, but i haven't done my research yet

Hopefully soon, i will return to my hobbies, and maybe finally build or find a nice ak variant
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look at Carbondale and the surrounding area or New Castle and Rifle.
View Quote

I'm here to ask about Garfield County ?
Good place to live, work and possibly retire too?
How's the ranch / horse work?
How is the current sheriff's office?
Cost of living?
Anything else to know?

7mm

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
There is no off setting the liberals anymore.  Colorado is gone.
If you like mountains or skiing, try Idaho or Utah instead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top