Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2015 1:08:54 PM EDT
Headed to Red Rocks this weekend and wanted to ask about CCP. Are there metal detectors at the entrances? Just want first hand experience so I don't have to return to the car to drop off said tool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, no.  They may have wands.

One of the stipulations in the ticketing contract may be no weapons.  Red Rocks is owned by Denver, so you'll probably deal with Denver Rangers and DPD if something happens.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there a couple nights ago, no wands or anything. YMMV

They check the girls purses/handbags so dont purse carry
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just went to a concert there last month and they were patting everybody down like crazy... nothing was getting through.  Then a few months prior I was there for Film on the Rocks and there was no pat down whatsoever.  So I guess it depends on who/what you're seeing there.

ETA: No metal detectors either time though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Even if they pat down they don't grab your crotch. I always at least take a nice blade and clip it to the inside of my pants right behind my belt buckle.  Even if they wand they think its my buckle setting it off.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been searched very well before.

Other times not at all.

You most likely will be able to get close enough to see what they are doing, then walk back to the car(even though you said you didn't want to).

Better than dealing with the man.

What show?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Other times not at all.

You most likely will be able to get close enough to see what they are doing, then walk back to the car(even though you said you didn't want to).

What show?

View Quote
This is my experience as well.  I easily got my flask in but they wouldn't let me bring in my water because it was over 32oz

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This is my experience as well.  I easily got my flask in but they wouldn't let me bring in my water because it was over 32oz  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Other times not at all.

What show?

Ha typical.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a pat down but they missed the ankles.  

Oh, and if you buy water there they'll confiscate the caps.  They say it's to prevent people from filling them with sand and throwing them.    BYOCap
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other times not at all.

What show?

I always bring an empty camelbak to shows.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Other times not at all.

What show?

good idea.  Ill have to remember that one.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Piano guys at RR was great! My first show there. No wands or pat downs. Went in full EDC; CCP, extra mag, light, and pocket knife. carried a smaller knife due to Denver knife stupidity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Going to see OAR tomorrow, I'll update with the level of search.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
went to see Faith No More this last Tuesday and there was no search what so ever.  weird that it varies so much from show to show.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Got full body pat down and body cavity search, not sure how he probed my butt with both hands on my shoulders...

J/k they searched my bag it that's it.  Let me keep the caps on my waters.  Cool venue!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top