Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2015 2:09:30 AM EDT
So here I am planning on taking my pops out to the range up in Denver and it just hit me.

Denver is commie land. I immediately had to start to think of all the bullshit laws they put into place there to shoot at this place called Cherry creek range or something. Last time I was there a few decades ago I was being yelled at by some guy in a wheelchair that was pissed that I shot on more than one target...F U! buddy.. I miss the real places in the state (anywhere but Denver) to go shoot. I had to even remove my standby AR-15 from the usual spot in my FJ Cruiser for the trip. I think I made her cry at the separation involved.

Anyhow I hope tomorrow doesn't suck as I will be spending quality time with my father at the range that I know he doesn't do at all. I miss going to the wilderness and glassing an offending rock in the distance and attempting to make cold bore shots on them.

Oh well. Fork Denver laws and I hope I eat some good fude there after shooting with the pops and all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Why'd you take your rifle out? If you have over 20 round mags, you just drive through Denver. If you are staying there for some goofy reason, just bring some 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Who goes to the Cherry Creek range?

Supposedly things got really weird there ever since those twins killed themselves with the rented pistols.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that.  Makes me glad I'm in the southern state.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Cherry Creek isn't in Denver, you can shoot just about anything you want.   A lot of retards show up to shoot so the range guys have no choice but to be Nazis.

Why not shoot at Centennial, Blue Core or DCF in Castle Rock?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Rifles can be in cars, mags inserted, no round in the chamber. Removing your rifle was unnecessary.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Supposedly things got really weird there ever since those twins killed themselves with the rented pistols.
View Quote

been once

hate that place
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

been once

hate that place
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

been once

hate that place

They are a bunch of shit heads almost lost it with one of those "range safeties"
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah, im missing something here....

Colorado is an Open Carry state.  your rifle is fine.

there are no mag limits/laws that effect you.

unless you're selling a gun, then you have to go do a BGC at an FFL.  which you're not.

Also, i dont live in denver, but State Law always trumps any locality law... hard to believe but true.

have fun shooting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also, i dont live in denver, but State Law always trumps any locality law... hard to believe but true.
View Quote

FYI, Denver is allowed to be more restrictive than the state laws because the city was founded prior to Colorado becoming a state.  That is how they can ban open carry...
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cherry Creek isn't in Denver, you can shoot just about anything you want.   A lot of retards show up to shoot so the range guys have no choice but to be Nazis.

Why not shoot at Centennial, Blue Core or DCF in Castle Rock?
View Quote

This. Cherry Creek is in Arapahoe County. What sucks about it is the additional parks fee you have to pay to just get to the range.

And WTF OP? Why are you shooting at rocks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FYI, Denver is allowed to be more restrictive than the state laws because the city was founded prior to Colorado becoming a state.  That is how they can ban open carry...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Denver can ban open carry, just like any other jurisdiction can, by following established state law.  Their magazine laws were upheld in court but that's nearly a moot point now...besides it only applies to residents.  Non-residents can still have mags/"assault rifles" and travel through the city with them. Vehicle carry, CCW, etc are not really an issue in Denver.

But the OP's right...Denver does suck.  He's just a little confused on the laws.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
ohhh man.......don't get me started on cherry creek.......yha know when im lining up for one seven right at kapa
I look down on cherry creek range and just for a second I dream about this
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT4P9Lbl0E0[/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wondered how that was allowed
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Denver is a HOME RULE city   There's been a few discussions on different web sites regarding how denver differs from the rest of the state.

Open carry  prohibited / Open bongs GTG
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

State Supreme Court case about 10 years ago.  Denver is the ONLY city on the entire state that was allowed to keep some grand fathered laws.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#16]
the city of Denver got a sympathetic judge to rule in favor of the libs
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

State Supreme Court case about 10 years ago.  Denver is the ONLY city on the entire state that was allowed to keep some grand fathered laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The range guys at CC are ok. I mean there are a lot of idiots that go there, so at least with the range officers enforcing the rules it provides for a safe environment. I haven't had any issues shooting there. The only issue I have is the wait time..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top