Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:31:49 PM EDT
Hey guys, planing a weekend camping trip with the GF up in the mountains. Looking for a place that includes

Accessible by 4wd truck
Hiking trail
Water(lake/pond/river)
Slim to no chance of seeing people.
Can have my dog
Camp
Carry My SBR/ shoot it.

Possible? Where?

Somewhere in arapahoe national forest?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The combination of little to no chance of seeing people, water, and accessible by 4wd truck make it difficult.  

I'll send you a PM though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure you're aware of the NP rules when it comes to dogs. No dogs Off leash. They're considered if found off leash and appropriate steps by rangers are taken.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure you're aware of the NP rules when it comes to dogs. No dogs Off leash. They're considered if found off leash and appropriate steps by rangers are taken.
View Quote

yep, why i'm avoiding national parks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
We like camping at winding river resort right outside of Rocky Mountain Nat., you will however see other people since it's a campground. But everything else on your list is good to go. Also....there is a trail behind the campgrounds that we drive through to go shooting in the forest.....I have seen others camping in that forest which would isolate you more and is free.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Here: 40.964615, -106.168407, paste direct into maps for the exact spot.

I like that whole area, but it's definitely a long drive from foco. Good news is, Walden has several gas stations, market, liquor store etc that you can get to 35 minutes from wherever you setup camp, unless youre like miles away from the actual trails. We did a liquor store run the second day we got there lol, ran out of beer like idiots.

Roads are smooth / safe for the most part, but very narrow at times when going around the edge of mountains. Watch out for the ATVers who love to go 60mph like idiots through blind turns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the north side of the grand Mesa near colbran won't see to meany people this time of year. It's a ways back in there though
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here: 40.964615, -106.168407, paste direct into maps for the exact spot.

I like that whole area, but it's definitely a long drive from foco. Good news is, Walden has several gas stations, market, liquor store etc that you can get to 35 minutes from wherever you setup camp, unless youre like miles away from the actual trails. We did a liquor store run the second day we got there lol, ran out of beer like idiots.

Roads are smooth / safe for the most part, but very narrow at times when going around the edge of mountains. Watch out for the ATVers who love to go 60mph like idiots through blind turns.
View Quote
Nice Scott.

I have some spots on the front range, but you will most likely run into some other hikers.

IM me if you haven't found a place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top