Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 9:47:58 PM EDT
Quick question for you guys, I'm moving to Denver in a month and have an M92 PAP that I'd love to SBR soon. Unfortunately I know Denver isn't super gun friendly, so first question is will the Denver CLEO sign a form 1, and second is my M92 legal in Denver at all? I checked the code which says:

"All semiautomatic pistols that are modifications of rifles
                   having the same make, caliber and action design but a
                   shorter barrel and no rear stock or modifications of
                   automatic weapons originally designed to accept magazines
                   with a capacity of twenty-one (21) or more rounds."

Now I know once I SBR it it's no longer a pistol, so that's totally fine, but my reading says in pistol form it's a no-go, unless the term "modification" means it would have been manufactured from a rifle (which isn't legal anyways) and turned into a pistol rather than a factory pistol variant of a rifle.

Also holy poop rent in Denver proper is pricey.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone with more knowledge of the NFA friendly suburbs can fill you in on the best places to look at but I can assure you that you do not want to live in the City and County of Denver.

At least, not if you want to have an AK pistol and SBR it at some point in the future.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
save yourself a headache and don't live in Denver proper....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as design I firmly believe the m92 pap was designed for the 20 round tanker mags.

No Denver leo sign off. You have to go trust or llc.

As has been stated. Live outside of Denver proper
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately the Denver part isn't really flexible. May just leave it with a buddy till I get a trust and stamp then.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You can live in "Denver" without living in Denver.  Jefferson County is a very short drive and you can get CLEO signoff or go the trust route.  15 to 20 minute commute west of downtown in traffic to get out
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, why is it impossible to live in one of the adjacent cities in the Denver metro area?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#7]
People often do not realize that the City and County of Denver is a small section of the metro area and that it isn't even very large by square miles.  The metro area sits on the corner of four counties and its easy to find very different LEO within a half hour's commute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top