Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 1:12:44 PM EDT
So, my Sunday hike was either going to be Bierstadt or something in RMNP.  I was feeling lazy, so I chose the Ute Trail from Milner Pass up to the Alpine Visitors Center (where I left my energy bars in the pack and instead ate a hot dog and a bowl of soup!) and then back down.  The weather was perfect.

It was not perfect on Bierstadt.

I haul some serious ass when storms are brewing, but still . . .  Reading the news was one of those things when you just kinda think some.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
lucky you!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
When I worked for the Forest Service right out of high school we were down by Rampart Range often. You could almost set your watch by the thunderstorms.
We would take all our tools and put them up on a ridge or rise and we would have to find a low point like a gully and squat like a Vietnamese until the storm went by.
Hairs raised on heads and arms more than a few times and witnessed some very close strikes.
Never underestimate lightning.
Impressive power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top