Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 11:52:58 AM EDT
We have a pretty good idea of what we want to see as far as attractions but I was hoping you guys could give us some suggestions on places to eat. I would like to find some locally owned places to try. We like all foods and are open to any suggestions. TIA
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
El Taco Rey, Monica's Taco Shop and La Casita for Mexican grub.  Monica's breakfast burrito is a heart attack on a tortilla.  Avocado pork burrito, smothered in green chile, at El Taco Rey.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out The Loop in Manitou Springs.  They have an excellent seafood chimickanga smothered in a cream sauce.  Their maragaritas come in "glasses" you could bathe small children in.  Portions are big.  So, go hungry.  Prices are very reasonable for waht you get and their excellent service.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Anything besides Mexican? I'm married to one so I get it all the time.

Has anybody been to the Briarhurst Manor?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been to the Briarhurst...once.  The food was excellent, as was the service.  Trust me.  You are paying for both.  Still in Manitou Springs, The Stagecoach Inn has very good food.  Their smoked grouse soup, if it is available, is very good.  It is not as expensive, or formal, as The Briarhurst.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Saigon Grill.

Downtownish, some of the freshest food i have seen in the area.  Good too.  And be careful when you order something spicy.  They mean it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like Rudy's BBQ. Very smokey, pretty basic decor. Place is super popular esp on Saturdays.
Crave Burger is awesome if you like burgers and think outside the box.
co-worker says: Paris Crepes, Green Line Grill, Coutre's Bistro (expensive), Duca's Neopolitan Pizza, Coquettes Bistro
Brewer's Republic if you like beers
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
You've come to the wrong city for food!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've come to the wrong city for food!!
View Quote

You could do worse.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Drive 30 miles east of town to Rush, CO.  Stop at the café and have some rocky mountain oysters.

I haven't been there in years, are they still open?

ETA: Why yes, yes they are:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rush-Cafe/102729946492666

Dang, I might have to drive out there some night soon.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
IF you don't mind a little drive go to Falcon.  Go to Guadalajara.  ORder either the molcajete or the steak Jalisco.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IF you don't mind a little drive go to Falcon.  Go to Guadalajara.  ORder either the molcajete or the steak Jalisco.
View Quote

My one trip there was very meh.  No flavor or spice at all.  And since I just got back from 5 days in Taos, NM today, I gotta say that all Mexican food in the Springs is pretty much crap.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My one trip there was very meh.  No flavor or spice at all.  And since I just got back from 5 days in Taos, NM today, I gotta say that all Mexican food in the Springs is pretty much crap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a couple places we like. Amanda's Fonda is a good place. Jose Muldoons is decent but it's tex mex.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Jake and Telly's in Old Colorado City, Greek food, best food in the springs imho

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jake and Telly's in Old Colorado City, Greek food, best food in the springs imho

View Quote

The wine dinners they have there are sublime.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Jack Quins Irish Pub.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top