Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2015 8:24:16 PM EDT
Flying in Thursday evening and driving to Estes Park. Looking for an interesting or unusual place to eat on the way. Will go thru Longmont and Lyons I would guess. No particular food type, just looking for you thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would take a slight detour and go to the buckhorn exchange. They have Colorado liquor license #1, serve crazy meats like elk, ostrich, buffalo,etc....  Just a cool place to go.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not particularly unusual, but Johnson's Corner used to have a pretty good breakfast/diner menu, and has some local history on that route.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not particularly unusual, but Johnson's Corner used to have a pretty good breakfast/diner menu, and has some local history on that route.

View Quote

Johnsons corner is different. IF you want good eats i'd hit the Red Rooster off Hwy 66.
4330 State Highway 66,
Longmont, CO 80504

There's so many good places to eat, i'd suggest you stop at some place you see and eat.
If you decide to bypass the places mentioned, I'd take 66 in to lyons and grab some food & beverage @ Oskar Blues.
http://www.oskarblues.com/

Or hit their place in longmont.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Oskar Blues in Lyons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oskar Blues in Lyons.
View Quote
About to post this. Though I've never been.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Was going to post Buckhorn Exchange and Oskar blues also. Red Rooster is good too.

If you go to the Buckhorn, be prepared to hang out in the projects. Won't say it's the worst part of Denver, but it is up there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was going to post Buckhorn Exchange and Oskar blues also. Red Rooster is good too.

If you go to the Buckhorn, be prepared to hang out in the projects. Won't say it's the worst part of Denver, but it is up there.
View Quote

Nah, that's the good side of the train tracks.  Just a stones throw away from gorgeous Sun Valley.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If looking for something to eat IN Estes Park, I suggest the Dunraven Inn, but go to the one outside of town, not the downtown location (if they still have that one).

You could hit Santiagos in Brighton on Bridge Street or in Ft. Lupton if you like green chille and don't mind a small detour.  I would suggest half mild and half hot, as the hot is usually REALLY hot.  From Brighton, you can drive up to Platteville, then head West on 66 for a straight shot into Lyons.  Their breakfast burritos are great too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If looking for something to eat IN Estes Park, I suggest the Dunraven Inn, but go to the one outside of town, not the downtown location (if they still have that one).

You could hit Santiagos in Brighton on Bridge Street or in Ft. Lupton if you like green chille and don't mind a small detour.  I would suggest half mild and half hot, as the hot is usually REALLY hot.  From Brighton, you can drive up to Platteville, then head West on 66 for a straight shot into Lyons.  Their breakfast burritos are great too.
View Quote

By the time the OP lands, most places besides Oskar Blues will be closed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Mild?  Hot?  or Half-Half?

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

HOT, ALWAYS HOT. Everything else is just Gringo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably too late, but I'd check out this place.  I like heading there when I am in that part of the world:
http://www.thedoubletreerestaurant.com/menu.html
Menu
http://nebula.wsimg.com/abcc8ff1f9bd56d906a5b8595695ff73?AccessKeyId=3CDC974E9E77EF54210A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

If you want to test your fate with diabetes, have there gigantic ice cream dessert.  The ice cream is made in house and is quite good.  My last time I went with a rack of ribs and the mountain of ice cream.  Couldn't do that again, but would try.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Probably too late, but I'd check out this place.  I like heading there when I am in that part of the world:
http://www.thedoubletreerestaurant.com/menu.html
Menu
http://nebula.wsimg.com/abcc8ff1f9bd56d906a5b8595695ff73?AccessKeyId=3CDC974E9E77EF54210A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

If you want to test your fate with diabetes, have there gigantic ice cream dessert.  The ice cream is made in house and is quite good.  My last time I went with a rack of ribs and the mountain of ice cream.  Couldn't do that again, but would try.
View Quote

We do breakfast there , occasionally.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
If you like Polish food, Villa Tatra is amazing.  It's about 20 minutes before you get into Estes Park.  The wife and I ate there for Thanksgiving 2014 and it was great... not to mention that our waitress was a smoking hot Polish blonde
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you like Polish food, Villa Tatra is amazing.  It's about 20 minutes before you get into Estes Park.  The wife and I ate there for Thanksgiving 2014 and it was great... not to mention that our waitress was a smoking hot Polish blonde
View Quote

They're only smoking hot if the carpet matches the drapes. Actually that's considered SMOLDERING.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love their stuff....and HOT

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Aye.  I'm all gringo, but still go Hot.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oskar Blues in Lyons.
View Quote
Wish I'd have seen this earlier.  Can't remember if it's Tues or Thurs but they have a meatloaf that is outstanding.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wish I'd have seen this earlier.  Can't remember if it's Tues or Thurs but they have a meatloaf that is outstanding.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oskar Blues in Lyons.

Didn't know he plays local venues. Or is it a cover band.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Smokin Daves BBQ on 66 in Lyons.
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top