Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 11:47:10 PM EDT
One of my best friends is struggling. He just lost his job and could use a leg up.

He's been my pal for over ten years. I can vouch that he is a damn good person and a hard worker. He served in the Navy and has some college education. He doesn't mind physical labor.

If you can help him out, PM me any info you have or need from me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One of my best friends is struggling. He just lost his job and could use a leg up.

He's been my pal for over ten years. I can vouch that he is a damn good person and a hard worker. He served in the Navy and has some college education. He doesn't mind physical labor.

If you can help him out, PM me any info you have or need from me.
View Quote

What kind of work is he interested in? Oil and gas is kind of on a down side right now but some companies are still hiring. Good pay, but it's physically demanding work. Lots of fracking in the area. Logging is picking up some too, and there's also a very good lineman school in the area.

Does he have any salary expectations?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
He said he's going for $30k per year or better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He said he's going for $30k per year or better.
View Quote

That should be fairly easy. There's a Haliburton hub in GJ, they hire pretty frequently and Encano might be. like I said earlier, the logging business is starting to pick up in the area too. Does he have a CDL or could he get one?

Is he interested in LE stuff at all? Both GJPD and the Sheriff's Office are hiring. They pay very well and will sponsor candidates they like through academy.

ETA: Construction too. There's always some form of construction in the area.

What does he have as far as a skill set
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
He's right about the cdl. That'd put him right to work
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, up until now, he was working at a quarry. I don't think he's real amazing at computers, but I could be wrong. For the most part he's just been doing manual labor.

A CDL might be a good idea, but I don't know if he has the money for one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Has he gone to any temporary employment companies? I do not believe we are hiring at the moment, but we constantly use those services and will sometimes do a "buy out" on a person we think is good. Most of the manufacturing companies around here go through them for all hires too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top