Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 11:05:58 PM EDT
I want to prep myself with information and a weekend visit before I move. I'm interested in renting or buying a house a couple acre of land land within 30 minutes that I can shoot on for load development (long range not required, just enough to chronograph without killing a neighbor) and my wife wants a horse (horse is optional ).

Any recommendations? I'm thinking of looking out toward Divide but I hear it could be a bit of a drive to Ft Carson.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Monument has a couple of "horsey" communities..there's a BLM area near there as well..been 20 years so memory  is stale
you're probably NOT going to find land you can shoot on with in 30 min of the Springs...
but I could be wrong..

CHEF.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
go here and sign up / register. There's a boat load of CoS members. Introduce yourself and for god's sake read the Rules & FAQ's. BEFORE you ask why you can't post anything in the for sale forums.

https://www.ar-15.co/?s=79698e94bf63be39128e5899ce0422e6
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Try looking east on the plains. Probably near Fountain is the best bet. Though most places with acreage is looking about 400K plus.
Something like this maybe? I know nothing about it-- just a quick search on a real estate site:

http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80817/1675822-7510-Donner-Pass-View-Fountain-CO-80817.htm
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try looking east on the plains. Probably near Fountain is the best bet. Though most places with acreage is looking about 400K plus.
Something like this maybe? I know nothing about it-- just a quick search on a real estate site:

http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80817/1675822-7510-Donner-Pass-View-Fountain-CO-80817.htm
View Quote

This.  I'd say northeast to southeast of town, real estate is more reasonable than up in the mountains.  Falcon, or even out to Peyton, and south to the Fountain area.  The commute from the high country can get old, especially in winter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
A bit of a drive is right, especially in winter. It's still "winter" up there in Teller County - saw on the news it was snowing today. Fortunately, once you get into the Springs you're not far from Ft. Carson.

During bad-weather days, though, they'll typically call for non-mission-essential personnel to come in at a later time in the day. Even so, this is only if conditions are bad in CO Springs/Fountain. Have you looked into a home closer to town and then just owning land in the Divide area?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking into the Fountain area more now. Also less about buying a house the only places I would truly enjoy owning (paying for) forever are well outside reasonable driving. We're more to rent since i'd rather retire back to the land I own in Ky where I grew up. Will at least do a 6mo to 1 year lease that way we can house hunt if we change our minds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top