Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 11:07:05 AM EDT
Going to a match in your fine state and I can`t get the same answer twice from LEO`s in CO. as to whether we can/can`t have them in our possession during the match. Any help?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Why couldn't you?

They're perfectly legal here and I have used them on multiple matches.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
This state is nfa friendly for sure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason I asked was that i called the CSP PIO and was essentially told "NO" NOT NO BUT HELL NO. It is a serious issue as my son will be flying into DIA and we`ll be picking him up. At the airport leaving he`ll have to open his case for inspection and I don`t want some ill informed TSA guy going nuts on him and costing me a fortune to straighten out a mess.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't ever rely on folks like the police to give you a straight answer on that stuff.  Go right to the source, namely looking at the actual laws.

Suppressors are 100% legal here.  I should know - I have more than a few.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reason I asked was that i called the CSP PIO and was essentially told "NO" NOT NO BUT HELL NO. It is a serious issue as my son will be flying into DIA and we`ll be picking him up. At the airport leaving he`ll have to open his case for inspection and I don`t want some ill informed TSA guy going nuts on him and costing me a fortune to straighten out a mess.
View Quote

I'm curious about traveling with NFA stuff.  Does being on the plane while the goods are in the cargo hull cause any issues regarding who's in possession?  What would happen if there's a luggage cluster?  Would they let you keep a can with you on the flight?  I would think trying to check-on NFA stuff could cause some coronaries.

Also, as Lothbrok mentioned, don't count on the cops to know all of the laws (not cop bashing).
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm curious about traveling with NFA stuff.  Does being on the plane while the goods are in the cargo hull cause any issues regarding who's in possession?  What would happen if there's a luggage cluster?  Would they let you keep a can with you on the flight?  I would think trying to check-on NFA stuff could cause some coronaries.

Also, as Lothbrok mentioned, don't count on the cops to know all of the laws (not cop bashing).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use non-TSA locks. They don't have access.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Follow TSA / Airline rules for transporting on airline. Nothing more , nothing complicated. MAKE SURE you have all F1's or F4's in your possession.

It's been checked in, no need to worry about "possession"  No you cannot keep a suppressor OR other firearm related item "with you" on the flight. I've been flying or driving with NFA items (SBR, Suppressors, etc) for 11 years. Been no issues to date.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Jim.  Good post.  I don't have any NFA items... yet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
just a FYI - I was told (and confirmed) that if you are traveling (moving) interstate with NFA items an ATF  Form 5320.20 must be submitted prior. (edit - except AOW & suppressors...)

Also applies if you move states...

some links with info

clicky -  lawyer's site

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/foghorn/ask-foghorn-legal-considerations-for-traveling-with-a-silencer/

So … to summarize … you must have an approved Form 20 before you transport any of your NFA items (excepting suppressors and AOWs) across state lines - from above site  (Sorry for any cornfusion - I moved so it applied to my situation)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will just cut them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#11]
They can't if you declare a firearm, they have to call you bag to have you open it. At least that's what I have read and experienced. TSA had checked my bag before sending it through at every airport I have ever traveled through with a gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#12]
You must be present during the inspection of any locked case containing a firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top