Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2015 2:02:46 AM EDT
While I know It's a Wash Post editorial, it's still a pretty good article about the campus carry crap going on in the state.  Fairly interesting background with some good statistics and "frontier" cultural considerations.

Also, I figured this would be a fairly good first post from a North Metro Coloradan lurker who has been registered for a while...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/04/20/guns-on-university-campuses-the-colorado-experience/
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to several of the meetings at CU Boulder to debate the campus carry policy. All the liberals were screaming there was going to be a murder any second and tried to figure out ways against the ban. CU's lawyer and police chief promptly shut them all down.

Some dude also just randomly stood up and said "I'm carrying a weapon and nobody is dead yet." The room went completely silent. It was fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know.  I'll need to look into it more, but it appears that my work place is also in contradiction of the Concealed Carry Act.

Going to look at the Concealed Carry Act, I see CBI charges 52.50 for background work.  What is the extra $100.00 that Douglas County charges for?

Has anyone in another county recently acquired a permit?  If so, what was the fee.  Worse comes to worse, I'll look around some.  My impression was that the Sherriff relied on the CBI background, then was responsible for either signing off, or not.  Enlighten me please.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
For the detectives time to run the paperwork and do a background run.  There is a statutory maximum the sheriff's office can charge, and it's common practice to just charge that by default.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The fee is all over the place. I used to have a spread sheet max is $152.50
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Mesa is 102.50 for initial application,  48 for a renewal.

Eta, article was written by David Kopel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Garfield county is the maximum amount.

But then all you do is show up with your class certificate and they take care of everything else.

You can fill out the application in the office, get fingerprinted (free of charge) and get your two passport photos taken (also free of charge.) Turn it all end before you leave. Took 30-40 days when I got mine about 18 months ago. The sheriff's office then mails it to you when they get it. They charge full price but you get maximum convenience for your money here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top