Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 10:54:09 PM EDT
A friend of mine has someone missing from work. He rented a van at Denver Airport and was supposed to drive to Colorado Springs for a family emergency. His work phone and computer has been off. No credit card usage either. Family has called Police/Highway Patrol but says they will wait 14 days to investigate. Could the guy have gone off the road and nobody saw him? If it were in my family I would be searching non stop. He has been missing a week already. Toll road on E470 says it will take 45 days to see if he drove thru a toll. If you know anything please PM me here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
wow. I don't live anywhere near there, but I hope they find him.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a large search area. Does anyone have a clue as to what route he took from DIA?

I-70 to I-225 to I-25?

E-470 to I-25?

I have a hard time seeing a car go off the road and not having it seen in that area. But on I-25 North or South of Castle Rock I could see it happen.

Any idea what time he was making the trip?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be driving the stretch near Castle Rock later today where it would be possible to go off the road and not be seen. I'll see if I see any barrier damage.

The area would be south of Happy Canyon down to the construction zone near Founders Pkwy. (basically where I live) Look at zip code 80108 if you want to see the area on google maps.

The only other area that I could think of would be Monument Hill which is also called Palmer Divide Pass.

Other than those areas, you're basically driving through prairie.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a large search area. Does anyone have a clue as to what route he took from DIA?

I-70 to I-225 to I-25?

E-470 to I-25?

I have a hard time seeing a car go off the road and not having it seen in that area. But on I-25 North or South of Castle Rock I could see it happen.

Any idea what time he was making the trip?
View Quote

It was about 4:30 p.m. last Wed. It was raining that day from what I'm told. Still no word yet. Thanks to anybody who looks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Possible new twist......Is going thru Conifer a shortcut to get to the Springs if traffic is bad on the 25 from Denver???? Anybody live near Conifer????
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Possible new twist......Is going thru Conifer a shortcut to get to the Springs if traffic is bad on the 25 from Denver???? Anybody live near Conifer????
View Quote

Not a shortcut at all. Way out of the way.

And you could drive from airport to Co Spgs via 470 and 25 and not see a brake light the whole way, except maybe at 5:30 and then for a quarter mile where 470 merges onto 25. Otherwise, smooth sailing the whole way

He would have the most traffic *getting* to 285 (via 470 west of I-25) to get to Conifer

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Still no info other than a CC ping in a nearby city........Not looking good......
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Why did he rent a van? Why fly to dia when c springs has an airport?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still no info other than a CC ping in a nearby city........Not looking good......
View Quote

City? Date? Time? Location?

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why did he rent a van? Why fly to dia when c springs has an airport?
View Quote

Plane was delayed so he thought he could rent a van and get there sooner......Not a lot of info to go on. Supposedly he did not take the E470.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Not trying to sound like a jerk but are you sure he was going for a family emergency? I believe you said this person is a co-worker of a friend of yours. You.......or we.......might not be getting the whole story. The story just doesn't seem right.  The only reason I say anything is because if someone needs to be found, every possible detail needs to be known. hope the person is ok and this ends well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't have a lot of info. A family member of his was supposed to go to the media yesterday but cancelled it. It is out of character for this guy to go missing. I will let you know what happens when I find out. Maybe you will find out before me once it hits the news there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't have a lot of info. A family member of his was supposed to go to the media yesterday but cancelled it. It is out of character for this guy to go missing. I will let you know what happens when I find out. Maybe you will find out before me once it hits the news there.
View Quote

Well I hope everything ends up being ok, but it sure doesn't look good. Its odd that the family member cancelled the media appointment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw this posted on Facebook today.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm down here in So CO and haven't seen him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:00:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Any updates?

That is a really odd route to take from DIA to Colorado Springs via 285 and Conifer.  Any idea why he picked that route?  Had he ever driven it before?

DIA to Colorado Springs is oly 1.5 to 2 hours MAX on a bad drive.

DIA to Conifer is a 4 lane highway drive with lots other cars at 5 PM on a weekday that would take about 1;30 at that time of day - Somebody may have seen something along that route.

Conifer to Pine Junction is a 2-4 lane windy dark route and it looks like it was at least snowy or cloudy/rainy part of that drive based on this local weather report.on www.pinecam.com  I think you or the family should post something there for sure.

Mar 18, 2015 12:53 pm
Precip will spread east to about the I-25 corridor by this evening. . Precip will become moderate to heavy at times tonight into Thursday morning as snow level lowers to 7000-8000 ft by Thursday morning. Snow level remains around 8000 ft during the day on Thursday. Latest models have reduced precip amounts some, but seem more realistic with amounts generally atround 1 inch of liquid equivalent. Heaviest precip will be from the Divide east to about I-25, but will cover much of state. For the foothills, believe precip will turn to snow above 9000 ft tonight lowering to 7000-8000 ft by morning, but nearly all accumulation will be above 8000-9000 ft. Winter Storms Warning in effect for mountains between the Divide and the Front Range Crest, and Winter Weather Advisory for the foothills above 6000 ft. For snow amounts, areas in the mountains and foothills above 9000 ft could receive 5-12 inches of wet and heavy Spring snow. Areas between 9000 and 7000 ft could receive 3-7 inches.

The drive from Pine Junction to Woodland Park is a windy 2 lane with little traffic and lotsof steep drop offs.  The Conifer to Woodland Park should take 1:30 on a good day during the daylight hours.

Hope this turns out well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Still nothing......Not sure what is going on but Wed. will make it 2 weeks that nobody has seen him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I drove and carefully checked out 285 from 470 to Conifer north and south bound today. There is no place going southbound where you could run off the road and hide 12 passenger van in that stretch.  Most of that section is concrete median or cable wire in the center divider and 3/4 of the route is rock wall of steep uphill on the right side of the south bound lanes. I looked at a couple trail head parking lots and one commuter Park N Ride Ride lot - no van.  I would suggest renting a plane or helicopter from www.coloradoheliops.com  from nearest airport. They could easily cover Conifer to Woodland Park in a couple hours.  

I really think a post on Pinecam.com may alert the public to be on the look out. If you can post a direct link to the Facebook screen shot above I will post it there for you. The Conifer Pine Baily 285 corridor is a small but active outdoors community and a big white van would stick out like sore thumb in an area of SUVs Trucks and Subarus.  

Questions-

Where was the CC ping from mentioned above?

Why rent a 12 passenger van if you are alone?

Why take such a strange route? Has he ever traveled to Colorado before if so where?

What was the family emergency?  

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.ar-15.co/threads/148747-Missing-Scoutmaster-Last-seen-Mar-18-at-DIA

Some other details here.

Hope hes found. Wa plates stand out for me since thats home. Ill be looking
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

more than once i've been offered a big van for cheap at a car rental place--they've got them, and want to move them.  or, they're out of cars.  some car rentals have a "blind draw" rate now, too--you pay X, and you just get the car they give you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.ar-15.co/threads/148747-Missing-Scoutmaster-Last-seen-Mar-18-at-DIA

Some other details here.

Hope hes found. Wa plates stand out for me since thats home. Ill be looking
View Quote

I don't know nor am I the guy who posted on the other site. But it sounds like we have a lot of the same info. I just hope they find the man and the van very soon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I drove and carefully checked out 285 from 470 to Conifer north and south bound today. There is no place going southbound where you could run off the road and hide 12 passenger van in that stretch.  Most of that section is concrete median or cable wire in the center divider and 3/4 of the route is rock wall of steep uphill on the right side of the south bound lanes. I looked at a couple trail head parking lots and one commuter Park N Ride Ride lot - no van.  I would suggest renting a plane or helicopter from www.coloradoheliops.com  from nearest airport. They could easily cover Conifer to Woodland Park in a couple hours.  

I really think a post on Pinecam.com may alert the public to be on the look out. If you can post a direct link to the Facebook screen shot above I will post it there for you. The Conifer Pine Baily 285 corridor is a small but active outdoors community and a big white van would stick out like sore thumb in an area of SUVs Trucks and Subarus.  

Questions-

Where was the CC ping from mentioned above?

Why take such a strange route? Has he ever traveled to Colorado before if so where?

What was the family emergency?  

View Quote

Thank you for looking!
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Any news? Sounds like he went missing in Aurora off 225 and never made it out of the city.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Still nothing.....However it was him that used the credit card.....After that, nothing. Like he vanished. Prayers go out to the family.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Still nothing.....However it was him that used the credit card.....After that, nothing. Like he vanished. Prayers go out to the family.
View Quote

Possible he decided to say fuk it, i'm out of here? There's a lot of supply's, building material etc, one can load in a 15 passenger van.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow, I drove to denver and back to the springs Sunday.
Crazy stuff

ETA: shared on FB for ya
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Drove from Huefano County to 'Springs today.  Nada.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Some of you may have heard the van was found. Body inside deceased. Prayers go out to the family.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some of you may have heard the van was found. Body inside deceased. Prayers go out to the family.
View Quote

I had not heard. Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Not to be nosy or anything, but are there any details to be known?  Where was the vehicle found?  How did he die?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't have any relation to any of the parties involved, but I have been keeping on eye on these threads hoping for a good outcome for the families sake.  Sad to hear it was not to be the case.  Saw this on one of the other forums and figured I share here.

<edited by thedave1164>

No fund raiser links without prior approval by staff, namely Striker
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Not to be nosy or anything, but are there any details to be known?  Where was the vehicle found?  How did he die?
View Quote
I couldnt find any articles. Wondering as well.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't believe it takes 45 days for express toll to know, I get an email the next day when the wife uses it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sams club aurora.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sams club aurora.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sams club aurora.

What is this, 20 questions?

Was he found dead in the van in the Sams Club parking lot?

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sams club aurora.

yes. I have no info about the cause only that its not suspicious.  Its available in the link I posted to the local site.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
yes. I have no info about the cause only that its not suspicious.  Its available in the link I posted to the local site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sams club aurora.

link's busted

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

link's busted

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sams club aurora.

link's busted

Not sure if we are supposed to hotlink to the other site??? This should work though.

https://ar-15.co/threads/147585-Missing-Scoutmaster-Last-seen-Mar-18-in-Aurora
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

RIP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top