Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 9:52:45 PM EDT
Can anyone here recommend a good attorney familiar with privacy laws regarding the laws pertaining to employers planting hidden microphones, recording employees without their knowledge or consent, etc?

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anyone here recommend a good attorney familiar with privacy laws regarding the laws pertaining to employers planting hidden microphones, recording employees without their knowledge or consent, etc?

Thanks

View Quote

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T PLAY AN ATTORNEY OR HAVE A CLUE WHAT'S LEGAL ACROSS THE BOARD IN CO. However , based on personal experience, i'm replying to the OP. I'm sure an atty well versed  (you know who you are) in CO law might / will respond differently.

It's not against the law to be recorded during a conversation, provided one of the people in the conversation knows it's being recorded.  Based on experience from a previous job years ago. What does your employee handbook say? They could claim Security / safety concerns.  
Outside of the rest and changing rooms. They can do what ever they want in their place of business. Does it make for a good work environment? Is it legal, ? Probably not. If that's the case you might want to consider another job.

It's not the answer you were looking for , BUT with CO being a right to work state. You have little if any recourse.  You are aware you could walk around with a recording device @ work w/out any repercussion Especially if you felt there was something not right and wanted to CYA.

https://www.hmichaelsteinberg.com/secretly-taping-recording-conversations-in-colorado.htm

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
OP,

how were you harmed by the alleged recording?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top