Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
The Military will be moving me to the Parker/Castke Rock area in the next few months. What can I expect? It seems pretty pricey to live there as all we can find are apt's or condo's that all in line with BAH. It's my wife and I and we have two Labrador retrievers.

Few questions I do have are firearm related....

I have my Illinois CCW currently (which Colorado does not recognize), so what is the best route for obtaining my Colorado CCW? Can I still keep my Illinois residency being active duty Mil?

I have a few guns that I will be bringing. In between 2-6 AR's, 2-6 Pistols, 2-6 shotguns, and 2-6 rifles. Sorry for the generic count, I'm not much on disclosing the real numbers. What is the process and do I need to register them?

I've already read that nobody follows the 30 round mag ban but does this just mean I can bring them and keep them in my safe or can I bring them to the range and actively use them?

Thanks in advance for the info!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I have my Illinois CCW currently (which Colorado does not recognize), so what is the best route for obtaining my Colorado CCW? Can I still keep my Illinois residency being active duty Mil?

View Quote

Since you'll be living in Douglas county, so you'll be making a trip to the DC Sheriff's office.  All your questions should be answered here.   Big thing you'll need is proof of training (which since you already have an IL permit, shouldn't be an issue at all), and a copy of your orders showing you're a "Colorado" resident per our CCW laws.

http://www.dcsheriff.net/concealed-handgun-permits/

I have a few guns that I will be bringing. In between 2-6 AR's, 2-6 Pistols, 2-6 shotguns, and 2-6 rifles. Sorry for the generic count, I'm not much on disclosing the real numbers. What is the process and do I need to register them?

View Quote

Real simple, bring em, put them into the safe, and crack open a beer.  No shitty registration here (and if there was, we'd ignore it anyways).

I've already read that nobody follows the 30 round mag ban but does this just mean I can bring them and keep them in my safe or can I bring them to the range and actively use them?

Thanks in advance for the info!
View Quote

You can use them without fear.  There hasn't been a SINGLE arrest or prosecution yet with the new laws, and many gun shops openly sell 30 round magazines.  Sheriff in my county has openly said he will not arrest or jail anyone charged with buying 15+ round magazines.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
outside of the - fly's reply. You can expect TRAFFIC, Lots of it.
I doubt you'll be able to keep Il residency if you want a CO CCW. and or the benefits of CO living like SBR's, suppressors AND select fire .
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I answered not of my own questions after looking into it extensively last night.

The SBR and suppressor law might have me sleeping on the couch for a few nights.... Ahhh screw it, it'll be worth a MK18
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys. I answered not of my own questions after looking into it extensively last night.

The SBR and suppressor law might have me sleeping on the couch for a few nights.... Ahhh screw it, it'll be worth a MK18
View Quote

Once moved in touch bases with NFATrustguy / Rodney then Form 1 a BYO can. a 30 cal runs approx $363 - 400 Stamp incl.  My Ti 30cal is $175 excluding stamp.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Once moved in touch bases with NFATrustguy / Rodney then Form 1 a BYO can. a 30 cal runs approx $363 - 400 Stamp incl.  My Ti 30cal is $175 excluding stamp.
View Quote

Thread jack. Drawings/instructions for form 1 can?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/434329_The__100_effective_Form1_suppressors__and_one_not_so__100_____56k_beware__or_even_2mb_like_me______.html&page=1

Higher end builds here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/441815_The_Official__250__Form_1_Suppressor_Build_Thread.html&page=6&anc=4295855#i4295855

Have fun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to get out of town more.  When you're done reading everything pm me.
My 30cal steel can (7") has the Draco sounding like a 22mag.  Guy up here is loading some 147 stuff to try.

The $100 one is good providing you read esstac's postings. Somewhere around page 5ish it went south by the I need to write ATf for clarification group mentality. It then comes back around in the high 90'2 low 100's/
Weber and Overton's threads are informative. Overton's is the $250+ build. Weber's is a shortened version of esstac's thread. Either way take a few days and browse them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/20_Suppressors.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Total thread jack - I just got to pick up my Tbac 223P-2 today  That makes 5 cans for me now....
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys! I'll subscribe/bookmark and get to reading. My problem is I want something really short and light.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Total thread jack - I just got to pick up my Tbac 223P-2 today  That makes 5 cans for me now....
View Quote

Only 5  I guess the FLIR makes up for it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even have 1 yet
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Parker.  Traffic isn't all that bad. If you need anything holler.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True its only 5, but 3 of them are TBAC's.  Quality over Quantity
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh to be young, single and a good paying job, again. Wait, this conversation sounds familiar. It's  like Deja vu all over again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top