Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 4:20:39 AM EDT
A team of us is importing the very successful armed teacher and safety program from Ohio called FASTER to Colorado. We are calling it C-SAEF in Colorado

http://fastersaveslives.org

Ohio FASTER has armed 500 teacher and 150 school districts. Although Colorado law does not allow public schools to currently do this (private schools can) we are going to push from the bottom to create a base to testify for the 2016 legislative session and support it. Those included in the first class penciled in for early August 2015 in Colorado are legislators, law enforcement, teachers, administrator and safety experts.

We established the C4 non profit and bank accounts (C3 was to expensive for now). I will be seeking funds get the first class up and running with 25 students and importing the Ohio instructors. We are already seeking private sources for funding and we are very excited to say it is looking good. We will also be doing a gofundme shortly and if my partners agree I will seek permission to put a link here in a week or so. Each class of 25 teachers is about 25k each and those taking the class pay nothing. The eventual goal of have the program is to have it funded via banquets and the instructor base contained within Colorado. And if Colorado works the plan spread it to other states from the buttom up in places that need it.

I have committed 5K to the project directly and have started another business to support it and other programs like it. Look for that announcement in April. Buy stuff and a great deal of the proceeds go to these type of programs.

I am sure C-SAEF I will be pushing rocks up hill (again), Dudley Brown is likely to try and derail it (or take credit) but I have some great people working with me on this and we will bring in the experts to do the course. I am glad to be working with FacetFace (once more dear friend , Sean Maloney from Buckeye Firearms and Judson Crossland as officers. We have a long list of board members and advisory board members coming on to support this. We of course are all doing this gratis.

Our kids deserve more than the broken promises of lines and signs, time to make a change.

Just FYI and I know we can make a difference that matters on this one.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
This is great. Keep us updated. I have several teachers I know too...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Colorado does allow for concealed carry by school security guards.  All that is needed is to change ones job description to math teacher/security guard.  There are several schools that have already done so.  I have been offering free ccw classes for teachers for about 3 years now.

Let me know if I can help
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wulf202:
Colorado does allow for concealed carry by school security guards.  All that is needed is to change ones job description to math teacher/security guard.  There are several schools that have already done so.  I have been offering free ccw classes for teachers for about 3 years now.

View Quote

Brilliant of you to do that!

Per the loop hole about security guards, yep that works. We are trying to get a law to protect them and get them as volunteers as the security guard thing will eventually become a problem with the teachers union and they are going to throw a wrench.

The force on force and mental training done be Col. Grossman are what really sets this program apart. If you want to be a part of this and throw you ideas in let me know and we can talk. Love to have the help. Sending IM.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Your box is full, so IM me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for spearheading this Tim.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SCDonttreadonme:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cleared. Im sent with my contact info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

That's a great idea!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Update: funds are being sorced to get three or four people to Ohio to the FASTER program so that they can begin to teach it here in Colorado in the Spring of 2016. We have been forced to divert from the original plan of hosting a class for 25 here in Colorado as we are not going to raise 25K.

But bigger things are a foot nationally and will launch nationally that will have this great Ohio program go national. Big changes and plans ahead. More on this soon. And it should also help Colorado a ton.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Update: funds are being sorced to get three or four people to Ohio to the FASTER program so that they can begin to teach it here in Colorado in the Spring of 2016. We have been forced to divert from the original plan of hosting a class for 25 here in Colorado as we are not going to raise 25K.

But bigger things are a foot nationally and will launch nationally that will have this great Ohio program go national. Big changes and plans ahead. More on this soon. And it should also help Colorado a ton.
View Quote

Will there be additional slots available to those who want to instruct this program in Colorado?  If so, how would I go about getting my name on the list?  

As an NRA basic pistol instructor and NRA LE Hand Gun / Shotgun / Patrol Rifle / Tactical shooting instructor and RSO, I would be interested in pursuing this.

Thanks for any info you may provide.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bailagent100:
Will there be additional slots available to those who want to instruct this program in Colorado?  If so, how would I go about getting my name on the list?  

As an NRA basic pistol instructor and NRA LE Hand Gun / Shotgun / Patrol Rifle / Tactical shooting instructor and RSO, I would be interested in pursuing this.

Thanks for any info you may provide.
View Quote

In short yes, but it might be a bit more complicated. IM me a time to call and best phone, we can talk about it. Glad to.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Any additional info on where things are at with this initiative?  I'm very interested in this approach to protecting schools.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:34:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCDonttreadonme] [#14]
This has not gone away, just needed to get funds and people on board to take the classes in Ohio. I have been to the class and I have raised funds by selling a few things and other sources have been reached. I no longer live in Colorado, but I will be working on this. More in the Spring / Summer when we have a few people trained. Things just take longer than I would like...... A few Noveske's and an unfired La Rue Coata are paying for some of this. Again more later ...
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Outstanding. I don't know why I didn't read this earlier. My uncle has me buisy, but I'm sure I may be able to help in some fashion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, thank you for the update, Tim.  

Still interested in participating, here, so will be keeping an eye on this and waiting to hear more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top