Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:23:50 AM EDT
In the next couple weeks I'm looking to find someone to install night sights on my Glock 19 in the Northglenn/Thorton/Brighton area. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Neves has the tools but I don't know how much they charge for installation. Burt is currently doing little if any gunsmithing due to an injury. Westminster arms can do it as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
YouTube it. Not hard at all. Ive done them on the tailgate of my truck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a sight pusher that I've used to install night sights on my G30 and G19.  Piece of cake.  Hell, if you're willing to come up to Boulder, swing by my office, bring your slide and sights, and you can bang it out in five minutes!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Burt is currently doing little if any gunsmithing due to an injury.
View Quote

I might have a wounded wing but swapping Glock sights I can do with no hands!(nearly).
OP-I am right in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've got a sight pusher that I've used to install night sights on my G30 and G19.  Piece of cake.  Hell, if you're willing to come up to Boulder, swing by my office, bring your slide and sights, and you can bang it out in five minutes!
View Quote

Might have to take you up on that here
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I might have a wounded wing but swapping Glock sights I can do with no hands!(nearly).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burt is currently doing little if any gunsmithing due to an injury.

+1 for Burt OP.  Great gunsmith and always good conversation.

Don't do it on your tailgate, pay someone to have it done right.  Drift punching them in voids your warranty on tritium.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
checking in on an old thread and don't know if you got it done.  

i'm no gunsmith but put XS night sights on in about 5 minutes.  if your hands and fingers work, you can do it yourself.  

Neve's had a glock days event several months ago, and those armorers essentially use the same method--pop the old ones out with a screwdriver and put the new ones in with a little glue.  Really is easy on a glock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i'm no gunsmith but put XS night sights on in about 5 minutes.  if your hands and fingers work, you can do it yourself.  

Neve's had a glock days event several months ago, and those armorers essentially use the same method--pop the old ones out with a screwdriver and put the new ones in with a little glue.  Really is easy on a glock.
View Quote

What happens when one needs to adjust them ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

put them in correctly and you don't have to.  If you need to adjust them, then it would be exactly the same as having a gunsmith do it--make the adjustment.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ever find someone?  I just moved to broomfield and I have a sight pusher that fits Glocks also.  I don't mind helping out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not "glue", it's Loctite and it should always be used on the screw that secures the front sight.
No adjustment required.

On the subject- elbows healing up a bit to where I can handle a sight swap or two.
Thanks
Bert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top