Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It would, but nobody is offering up land in here. Looks like I won't be making it up to junction tomorrow. Anyone have any places you can direct me to via google earth?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would, but nobody is offering up land in here. Looks like I won't be making it up to junction tomorrow. Anyone have any places you can direct me to via google earth?
View Quote

I'll see what I can dig up
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
John said he can most likely make the shoot so that opens up least something

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll see if I can get out to recon some areas on BLM north of Fruita this weekend.   If we need to shoot on public north of town, I can go out early the day of the shoot to get some stuff set up before the desert gets crowded.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it considered crowded on the western slope if you see another person?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, something like that.    

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's shoot this weekend!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
We found a spot yet?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Heading out today to scope out a few with the fam.

We've got a few weeks yet.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, Mark! I've got CWW this weekend, but I can hopefully scout in two weeks if you weren't successful.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
We found some suitable locations between GJ and Delta yesterday.  Here's a link to a map with photos.

Map

I'm coming up with a rough head count around 10 folks.  The big question, does everyone have a high clearance vehicle?  The farthest site would be the best, but requires driving about 3 or so miles on a dirt/gravel road.  Not an issue for a pickup, but a sedan could get hung up.  There is 100% cell coverage through the area.

The area at the end of the trip in the linked map (photo 3) would be my pick.  The area closes to US 50 (photo 1) would be my second choice.

ETA - spelling....
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We found some suitable locations between GJ and Delta yesterday.  Here's a link to a map with photos.

Map

I'm coming up with a rough head count around 10 folks.  The big question, does everyone have a high clearance vehicle?  The farthest site would be the best, but requires driving about 3 or so miles on a dirt/gravel road.  Not an issue for a pickup, but a sedan could get hung up.  There is 100% cell coverage through the area.

The area at the end of the trip in the linked map (photo 3) would be my pick.  The area closes to US 50 (photo 1) would be my second choice.

ETA - spelling....

View Quote
I'm going the problem is I have a Honda Civic so it might get caught up....

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Map

ETA - spelling....
View Quote

I Just sold my truck and downgraded to a single vehicle. I can get to the spot, but may need to jump in with someone to get all the way in
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been climbing in Escalante Canyon back in the day, so I know roughly where that is.  Looks good to me 'cause I have a 4wd Tacoma.  I have a bunch of M193 that can get pissed away, too!  Anyway, I'm a "probably" on attendance.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Two thoughts.   First, we can always use the lower site.  Or, we can meet at the parking area and folks with cars can ride up with someone.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Two thoughts.   First, we can always use the lower site.  Or, we can meet at the parking area and folks with cars can ride up with someone.

View Quote

Either works well for me
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Either works well for me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Either works well for me
Ditto.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Photo 3 works for me.

Jim, can your vehicle handle that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I Just sold my truck and downgraded to a single vehicle. I can get to the spot, but may need to jump in with someone to get all the way in
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map

ETA - spelling....

Go fast, your car will bounce right over any bumps.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map

ETA - spelling....

That poor car has been through enough with the wife driving it
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Jim's not going to make it.

Quoted:
Photo 3 works for me.

Jim, can your vehicle handle that?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Did you really just go there? Or is your wife really a bad driver?

We will have room in our truck if you need a lift.

And I need a head count so I can plan desserts. And any requests.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did you really just go there? Or is your wife really a bad driver?

We will have room in our truck if you need a lift.

And I need a head count so I can plan desserts. And any requests.
View Quote

Deer in July and a Tacoma a couple weeks ago

Did you bring those awesome brownie things last time? If so, bring them!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Of course I was the one who brought brownies. I think I also brought rum cake but I can't remember for sure. I was thinking of making fudge cookies with white chocolate chips this year. But I do take requests so who knows! Hubby is going to bring our charcoal grill but I think it's more of a "feel free to use our grill but we aren't providing the meat" kind of thing.

Ok, so far I've got a yes from Kiltakaze. Who else? Oh, and is it just you or is your wife coming as well Kiltakaze?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll buy a big pack of brats to bring for the grill. I'll grab buns too. Not sure if it will just be me, or if the GF will come. I'll update the OP for location. Does anyone have an EZ-Up or something similar for some shade? Maybe a table too?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll bring a table or 2, grill, and ez up for some shade.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll bring a table or 2, grill, and ez up for some shade.

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I am a maybe.... Not sure but I will hopfully have access to a high clearance vehicle, if not, ill meet up and I can ride in the bed or floorboard of anyones truck/jeep...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Of course I was the one who brought brownies. I think I also brought rum cake but I can't remember for sure. I was thinking of making fudge cookies with white chocolate chips this year. But I do take requests so who knows! Hubby is going to bring our charcoal grill but I think it's more of a "feel free to use our grill but we aren't providing the meat" kind of thing.

Ok, so far I've got a yes from Kiltakaze. Who else? Oh, and is it just you or is your wife coming as well Kiltakaze?
View Quote

Probably wife too. I'll bring a side like potato salad and some beverages. Guns too

ETA wife unit has training that day and will not be accompanying me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Probably wife too. I'll bring a side like potato salad and some beverages. Guns too
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill bring some hot dogs and buns if we are bringing a grill :)

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I will be there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Ill chip in gas money if anyone is willing to let me hitch a ride?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#33]
What time works best?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#34]
How about parking lot meet up at 1000 for anyone that needs a ride up, shooting starts at 1100 up top?

We have a crew cab, so we can fit a few more for the ride up if anyone would prefer to ride up rather than drive.  

We'll wait around the lot until 1000 or so, then head up to set up shade, targets, grill.

Looking forward to it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I was also going to suggest 10am
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How about parking lot meet up at 1000 for anyone that needs a ride up, shooting starts at 1100 up top?

We have a crew cab, so we can fit a few more for the ride up if anyone would prefer to ride up rather than drive.  

We'll wait around the lot until 1000 or so, then head up to set up shade, targets, grill.

Looking forward to it.

View Quote

Sounds good to me
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#37]
You survived!?  

10 AM it is.  

I've got a little steel coming in today.  Next project is to fab up some stands  

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You survived!?  

10 AM it is.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
You survived!?  

10 AM it is.  

Quoted:

I did Definitely learned some lessons for next year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I will be accompanied by at least one other person. The two of us will be up camping nearby.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Sounds good, should be some great camping up there.

Quoted:
I will be accompanied by at least one other person. The two of us will be up camping nearby.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to know.  I was going to inquire about the camping.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#42]
You all have to know that I am really bummed that I can not make this. I set my course about a year and a half ago be in Nashville at the NRA Annual meeting (happening at the same time)and taking a seat at the big kids table for whatever that is worth. And if it is and I can get stuff done it will be because friends, Colorado ARFCOMers stood with me and us. So someone please take your free Colorado flag and take a group picture. The western spirt, the fight, the no more, not here started on the western slope. The Spurs of the Colorado recall movement came from forgotten Colorado and we reminded them we were here.

My moving to Tennessee this summer really makes me missing this all the worse. I love Colorado with all of my heart and I "almost gave it my all" to stand with you and say "not here, not this place. Impossible, yeah we will see about that..... "

My wife and child have other needs which can not be met here and I refuse to move to the front range (and they hate my very name in Denver).  So I have to pack up and move to a gun friendly state where my son can get the education his little brain needs and my wife can practice medicine again.

I hope to leave you with C-SAEF, a statewide safety program so children in schools have a chance & are always safe. (A copy of Ohio FASTER with their help, 500 teachers already trained). But it's success is up to Colorado, website coming this weekend. All legal now and training classes coming August. Fund raising starting ASAP. It is an election year in 2016, maybe we can convince Denver our children are worth protecting.

Know I will never, ever forget Colorado (trust me it left a good dent) and my heart remains here on the western slope ...

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Tim,

Thanks for all your efforts in Colorado and now nationally within the NRA.  When you find yourself back on the western slope, please drop a note so we can gather some folks together.  

Best of luck in Tennessee, it is a beautiful state.

10-4 on the flag, done deal.

Mark

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You all have to know that I am really bummed that I can not make this. I set my course about a year and a half ago be in Nashville at the NRA Annual meeting (happening at the same time)and taking a seat at the big kids table for whatever that is worth. And if it is and I can get stuff done it will be because friends, Colorado ARFCOMers stood with me and us. So someone please take your free Colorado flag and take a group picture. The western spirt, the fight, the no more, not here started on the western slope. The Spurs of the Colorado recall movement came from forgotten Colorado and we reminded them we were here.

My moving to Tennessee this summer really makes me missing this all the worse. I love Colorado with all of my heart and I "almost gave it my all" to stand with you and say "not here, not this place. Impossible, yeah we will see about that..... "

My wife and child have other needs which can not be met here and I refuse to move to the front range (and they hate my very name in Denver).  So I have to pack up and move to a gun friendly state where my son can get the education his little brain needs and my wife can practice medicine again.

I hope to leave you with C-SAEF, a statewide safety program so children in schools have a chance & are always safe. (A copy of Ohio FASTER with their help, 500 teachers already trained). But it's success is up to Colorado, website coming this weekend. All legal now and training classes coming August. Fund raising starting ASAP. It is an election year in 2016, maybe we can convince Denver our children are worth protecting.

Know I will never, ever forget Colorado (trust me it left a good dent) and my heart remains here on the western slope ...
View Quote

I remember getting lunch with you in Ouray in early 2013, and you asking those of us there "what are we going to do to stop this?" You have greatly impacted this state, and I cannot thank you enough. I know you will represent gun owners well in the NRA, and on any level you can. I will make sure to take my flag to the shoot and get a group picture for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I remember getting lunch with you in Ouray in early 2013, and you asking those of us there "what are we going to do to stop this?" You have greatly impacted this state, and I cannot thank you enough. I know you will represent gun owners well in the NRA, and on any level you can. I will make sure to take my flag to the shoot and get a group picture for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No further words need to be said :)

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I will probably head up Friday from Arvada and camp out that night.  Anyone know of any good places?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#47]
For folks camping out, the only suggestion I would have is please don't set up camp downrange.  

I threw in an photo depicting the area.

The rest of the area looked like pretty nice camping, especially up higher.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I will probably head up Friday from Arvada Broomfield and camp out that night.  Anyone know of any good places?
View Quote

What he said - almost.  I read Mark's reply above, too.  It sounds like we should be able to figure it out, Vlarg.  I'd offer to carpool, but I may be going other places and will have my dogs with me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#49]
It's good to see some front rangers coming over here for a shoot!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's good to see some front rangers coming over here for a shoot!
View Quote

Yeah it is! I'm excited
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top