Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:38:30 AM EDT
the Rugar Gunsite Scout rifle, any of you guys own one.. would like your opinions on it
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one, but that Ruger seems to be popular and most of their stuff is built like a brick sh!thouse.  Do a search as I'm sure there are plenty of reviews online.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd get better response from General Discussion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You get the best response / info IF you went to the Armory section then scroll down till you get to this. Just saying.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/52_Ruger_Centerfire_Rifle.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No rules against asking these kind of questions in the COHTF.

But would probably get a lot more responses in other forums
View Quote

No there isn't. However when there's a forum dedicated to the firearm in question....
Unfortunately there are many forums within ARFCOM that go unnoticed, till someone ask, in another forum / section of the site.

At least it wasn't another hey CO can i bring my mags / firearm, etc with me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted to ask the local guys first   I noticed when people post on the gen forum they are noticed by post count...
why.....anyway I picked one up at a good price and had never herd of the gunsite scout rifle before was curious if any of you guys like
the gun
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to ask the local guys first   I noticed when people post on the gen forum they are noticed by post count...
why.....anyway I picked one up at a good price and had never herd of the gunsite scout rifle before was curious if any of you guys like
the gun
View Quote

The GD forum sucks, unless you need advice on your relationship, color of underwear OR sexual proclivities. There's a GD Firearms forum within the Armory section, where i would go for info besides the firearm specific on, when applicable. The few people i know who own the rifle in question like it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
GD proves Darwin's Theory of Evolution for me, or at least the "common descent" part, by showing us where most of the human race are still just monkeys throwing feces at each other.

I have not actually fired a Ruger Gunsite Scout. In the store, it felt funny and seemed like a really expensive way to get an elk rifle with a LER scope mount. I would not trade my Bubbaf***ed 1903 psuedo-Scout for one, even straight across.

(Disclaimer: I've disliked every Ruger I've ever owned. Filter my post through that.)
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be a local in a few months if that helps...

I have one and I love it. Very accurate with irons and not bad on recoil either. I just put an XS scope rail on it and a 10x Leupold; just waiting on a good day to get it all zeroed again. It's got a bit of muzzle jump off a bench, but not anything that's detrimental. It handles well and carries nicely with good balance. With a 5rd magazine and a sling with no optics it makes a nice hunting rifle as well. Scope it and your good likely out yo 4-500m; as long as you had the dope for the ammo/glass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top