Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2014 12:12:11 PM EDT
Anyone have a link to a Denver / fort Collins shop that will engrave a few lowers for me?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Up in Ft. Collins: http://www.engravingbypatricia.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayMain&Category=0&CFID=4337950&CFTOKEN=17806544

She's done a couple for me with about a week turn-around time and a decent price. Beats the hell out of UPS'ing a lower to Orion Arms or whoever else out there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
delete
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She's done a couple for me....
View Quote

Pics of work? I'm hesitant to take a lower to a jewelry engraver.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes
View Quote

Again for COGW ^

. I will not leave any firearm related item ANYWHERE overnight, let alone 1 week for engraving.   The engraver better have some place to store your firearm AND a FFL for overnight . I don't have an issue with it. HOWEVER IF she gets robbed who's responsible for your parts ?
It's too late now that it's out there. However i would remove her info, save her a hassle, from some over zealous Dudley Doright.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Again . I will not leave any firearm related item ANYWHERE overnight, let alone 1 week for engraving.   The engraver better have some place to store your firearm AND a FFL for overnight . I don't have an issue with it. HOWEVER IF she gets robbed who's responsible for your parts ?
It's too late now that it's out there. However i would remove her info, save her a hassle, from some over zealous Dudley Doright.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes

Again . I will not leave any firearm related item ANYWHERE overnight, let alone 1 week for engraving.   The engraver better have some place to store your firearm AND a FFL for overnight . I don't have an issue with it. HOWEVER IF she gets robbed who's responsible for your parts ?

Sorry but can you please explain to me what in the world you are talking about?

I had mine done by the guy with Colorado Gun Writes not too long ago. He is in Arvada. It only took about 20 to 30 minutes or so. He does it with a laser engraver. No overnight what so ever.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had mine done by the guy with Colorado Gun Writes not too long ago. He is in Arvada. It only took about 20 to 30 minutes or so. He does it with a laser engraver. No overnight what so ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes

Not you the person using an engraver, that took a week to get back.  My post should have read  AGAIN ^  for COGW.

I've edited my post.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you everyone, might have to check out the tanner show since I have never been..
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes
View Quote

+2 for Troy. I only live about 5 minutes from where he does the engraving. Was able to watch the process -- pretty cool!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes
View Quote

+1 more.  I live 120 miles from the Denver area and will continue to go back to Troy for further firearm engravings.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you everyone, might have to check out the tanner show since I have never been..
View Quote

He will be at the gun show tomorrow.  Look for his table.  He is near the entrance on the north side
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]

His laser meets the depth requirement?  Looks superficial.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks superficial.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking too
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks superficial.

Not at all. They did 3 for me, to spec.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks superficial.

Where did he engrave them?

Are you using a trust ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you using a trust ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks superficial.

Are you using a trust ?

It is done to BATF specifications but he can pretty much make it go a deep as you want it to be.

He did mine and then filled it in with black. It looks completely professional and looks like it came from the factory with my trust name on it.

Just email him or call him and he can answer any of your questions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you using a trust ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks superficial.

Are you using a trust ?

Yes to a trust. All 3 done on side of receiver. I should have put them on the mag well of 2. BUT unless you're looking for the engraving, it's hard to pick up right away.
See reply above for more info
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Colorado gun writes did mine.   As others said it took 30 minutes,  he has you double check the entry,  then you get to watch it write.   Definitely deep enough and very clean.   Mine is on the lip of the mag well.  I think he is limited to doing them at home due to the machine he uses at the shows.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:09:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Colorado Gun Writes did mine as well- good person to deal with and engraves to ATF specs !
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here you go!
Colorado Gun Writes
View Quote

all you need to know is right here.
Made the drive from C Springs.

/thread ;)
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#21]
+1 for Colorado Gun Rights- I had my lowers engraved by him!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Got one back from Ident today. Top notch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Interesting.
I have a lower with Charles at NFL Gun in FL (Arfcommer CS223) right now.

ETA: Thunderbeast in Cheyenne used to take walk-ins for engraving. I had an LMT done by them for $60 in about 90 minutes
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Made the mistake of shipping before xmas. They shut down for a week and a half. Taking that into account, it took two weeks.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Another +1 for CGW.  No shipping your lower off somewhere and waiting.  Make an appointment, show up, done in about 30 minutes while you wait and a flat fee of $50.  He also often gives an LEO or military discount.  No reason to go anywhere else.  His decorative laser engraving is sometimes shallow but his NFA engraving is deeper than required.  I don't think he takes the Laser used for engraving lowers to the gun shows, I think what he does at shows is more decorative engraving
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top