Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2014 12:43:47 PM EDT
I want to get a couple suppressors, probably an Octane9mm and Saker 7.62mm. I think I read somewhere that you can shoot with your suppressors while they are in still in jail if you buy them at your range. I'm a member at Bluecore and am thinking of buying through them. Has anybody bought from them before?

Where else are you buying suppressors on the front range?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You can shoot them at the range if the range allows that.

I've bought locally once, but it's a bit more expensive than buying online.

Use Silencer Shop's FFL Finder or Silencer Shop Direct to save money on the absurd Title II transfer fees that many Front Range shops want to charge.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]

I have used Jensen Firearms.  They don't have a range though, so you have to suck it up and wait. They also tend to charge full retail prices. I can't remember their transfer fee, but I did have one can sent to them from a Silencer Shop.  Was still cheaper with the transfer fee than their retail (plus, they didn't have it in stock). I bought the rest direct from them.  All good dealings.  Jeff there is a good guy, and will take care of you.  

I don't have experience with any other front range shops.  Good luck.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine from k2 firearms down in woodland park because they were the only dealer in the state that had one in stock when I bought.  Paperwork was handled through mail.  I wasn't able to shoot it but I didn't mind too much.  I highly recommend them.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Silent Precision .com in Colorado Springs-ish
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I want to get a couple suppressors, probably an Octane9mm and Saker 7.62mm. I think I read somewhere that you can shoot with your suppressors while they are in still in jail if you buy them at your range. I'm a member at Bluecore and am thinking of buying through them. Has anybody bought from them before?

Where else are you buying suppressors on the front range?
View Quote

For over the counter I've used MGT numerous times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've worked with Dragonmans in the Springs
they said I could use it on their range before taking possession, but I never did
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I really wish I could find a local ARFCOM member with a lathe that was interested in a Form 1 suppressor build.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've worked with Dragonmans in the Springs
they said I could use it on their range before taking possession, but I never did
View Quote

I tried to go through them on 3 cans at once, wouldn't give me the time of day. I'll use their range but their C/S sucks!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Silent Precision .com in Colorado Springs-ish
View Quote

Yup, Chris is good peeps and worth a shot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I really wish I could find a local ARFCOM member with a lathe that was interested in a Form 1 suppressor build.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why do you need access to a lathe?

IF you take the time to read those and other threads about building your own Form 1 suppressor in the suppressor section of arfcom. You will see no tools other than hand tools were used to build them.
Is a lathe nice to have, of course BUT whay avoid doing it because you're not "high tech"
Guys are doing 80% AR lowers on drill presses.
AK builds IF not using a nodak or other pre drilled, hardened & bent only require a torch (MAPP) to harden the rails, and holes around the trigger pins. My 1st build ( many moons ago) i uses all thread to install the bbl in to trunnion.

It's not rocket science, just requires you to read, read again then do it.  

If an 80 yr old with a 3rd grade education, if the in the middle east can build an AK as well as other impressive firearms, you can too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IF you take the time to read those and other threads about building your own Form 1 suppressor in the suppressor section of arfcom. You will see no tools other than hand tools were used to build them.
Is a lathe nice to have, of course BUT whay avoid doing it because you're not "high tech"
AK builds IF not using a nodak or other pre drilled, hardened & bent only require a torch (MAPP) to harden the rails, and holes around the trigger pins. My 1st build ( many moons ago) i uses all thread to install the bbl in to trunnion.

If an 80 yr old with a 3rd grade education, if the in the middle east can build an AK as well as other impressive firearms, you can too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have actually been a part of all three threads going at the moment but thanks for the input. Freeze plug suppressor #1 is already done.

Myself and several other members are trying to incorporate the solvent trap tube idea with legit 17-4 SS cone baffles to create a much improved

Version of the $100 dollar suppressor.  I have several CAD designs posted in Ryan's thread and have done 6 others for people who have read the thread.

I would just like to be able to turn those designs into real parts. Unfortunately I do not have a lathe or know anyone who does.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have actually been a part of all three threads going at the moment but thanks for the input. Freeze plug suppressor #1 is already done.

Myself and several other members are trying to incorporate the solvent trap tube idea with legit 17-4 SS cone baffles to create a much improved

Version of the $100 dollar suppressor.  I have several CAD designs posted in Ryan's thread and have done 6 others for people who have read the thread.

I would just like to be able to turn those designs into real parts. Unfortunately I do not have a lathe or know anyone who does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you located?
Looking for another tag along?
I'm dying to build one with a buddy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top