Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 10:19:16 PM EDT
I am currently at Peterson AFB for the NCO Academy, and a classmate just had his vehicle shit the bed. He says the timing belt on his 92 Geo Storm went tits up. He drove down here, so when the Academy is over at the end of December, he wont have a way to get back..lol Anyway, he says he can change it, he just obviously does not have any of his tools. If anybody in the area could give a hand, he says he can do the work, just needs the gear. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Fountain; but, I'll help if I can.  What does he need?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Base auto/hobby shop? Don't know if Peterson or Schreiver has one but all AF bases I was stationed on did.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill double check with him as far as exactly what he needs. the auto shop here at Peterson has been closed for a while. I dunno about getting the car over to the other stations nearby that have one. Hes looking into it right now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am currently at Peterson AFB for the NCO Academy, and a classmate just had his vehicle shit the bed. He says the timing belt on his 92 Geo Storm went tits up. He drove down here, so when the Academy is over at the end of December, he wont have a way to get back..lol Anyway, he says he can change it, he just obviously does not have any of his tools. If anybody in the area could give a hand, he says he can do the work, just needs the gear. Thanks guys.
View Quote

Hope he didn't trash the valves. The belt and gaskets cost more than the metro's book.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I can help but the car would have to make it to Denver...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the tools and a heated garage he can use. Have to get it up to Elizabeth though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies guys, It appears he has a solution
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If he doesn't I have to go down to the springs soon and can bring just about everything he might need if it can fit in a truck
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
If he doesn't I have to go down to the springs soon and can bring just about everything he might need if it can fit in a truck
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like he has a solution. If something changes, he is welcome to use my garage and tools and I can give him a hand. I'm former AF, and live just north of the USAF Academy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck!  

USAFA has an auto hobby shop that is still open.
View Quote

This.  It's quite active, and would probably suit your needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top