Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 7:12:43 PM EDT
I have heard his show and would listen from time to time, as well as seen him and his wife do those local commercials. I heard the news report months ago about him being involved in a domestic violence dispute but never cared to look into it. Then today I heard firsthand what he did to his wife. What a piece of trash....he likes to talk on his show about scum bags who rip people off....but a man who puts his hands on a woman is the king of all scum bags. I won't ever listen to his show again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, frankly, you should have been able to figure out that he was a scumbag long ago.

His own business model is a protection racket.  The businesses he signs up, when a caller has a problem with them, get their problems swept under the rug or blamed on the caller.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
His last name ends in a vowel, that was your first clue
View Quote

Oh Really ?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, frankly, you should have been able to figure out that he was a scumbag long ago.

His own business model is a protection racket.  The businesses he signs up, when a caller has a problem with them, get their problems swept under the rug or blamed on the caller.
View Quote

True, and I know what you mean.......but this is a whole nother level of scumbag. "I sold you a transmission when all you needed was a bearing" is bad....."I gave my wife a bloody nose and choked her so hard she needed work done on her throat" is on a whole different level.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
630 KHOW should have fired him for what he did with his wife, they fired Peter Boyles just for grabbing a guys lanyard. Peter went over to 710 KNUS and took most of KHOW audience with him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
630 KHOW should have fired him for what he did with his wife, they fired Peter Boyles just for grabbing a guys lanyard. Peter went over to 710 KNUS and took most of KHOW audience with him.
View Quote

Boyles lost me when he started shilling for Rich Wyatt. Mandy Connell is a better use of that time slot and probably the best thing KHOW has going right now. Okay, maybe when Brownie takes a break from telling us how great he was at FEMA...

One of these days I'm going to call Martino. "Hi, can you recommend a lawyer? The cops got me for something called a 'rolling domestic," and see if I make it past the dump delay.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Boyles lost me when he started shilling for Rich Wyatt. Mandy Connell is a better use of that time slot and probably the best thing KHOW has going right now. Okay, maybe when Brownie takes a break from telling us how great he was at FEMA...

One of these days I'm going to call Martino. "Hi, can you recommend a lawyer? The cops got me for something called a 'rolling domestic," and see if I make it past the dump delay.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree with all of the above statements, ALL talk show hosts are shills and probably can not be trusted. I find it so funny how they all have just happened to use the services of all of their sponsors....from "such and such company installed the roof on my house and they are the best" to "I invest in gold with such and such company and you can trust them for the best deal". It's all just entertainment and sales......I get that, but when you harm a woman or child you should be written off.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

While I agree with all of the above statements, ALL talk show hosts are shills and probably can not be trusted. I find it so funny how they all have just happened to use the services of all of their sponsors....from "such and such company installed the roof on my house and they are the best" to "I invest in gold with such and such company and you can trust them for the best deal". It's all just entertainment and sales......I get that, but when you harm a woman or child you should be written off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're trusting (for lack of a better word) any talk show host to pick your mortgage lender or proctologist for you, you're doing it wrong. My issue with Boyles was that he chose to shill for one gun-store owner who is sleazy at a level normally only seen among Democrats.

Mike Rosen (previously one of my favorites) lost a few points when he started doing advertisements for US Law Shield, which is at best the Amway of legal services. Still the best thing in his time slot, though.

I haven't heard Jon Caldara do anything too slimy. I miss having him on full-time. He and Phil Hendrie used to get me through the night shift.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Boyles loves MachineGun Tours now......
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh it's all right now, Tommy got religion and is engaged to be married to a former tv anchor/now religious radio host.  He'll be fine, all is forgiven..................SARCASM.

This guy is and always has been a pos, I know a former neighbor that was involved in a lawsuit against him, the neighbor prevailed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Really, when I went to RI they would say you could tell who was part of the family, they had a vowel at the end of their last name

Like an "o"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His last name ends in a vowel, that was your first clue

Oh Really ?

Really, when I went to RI they would say you could tell who was part of the family, they had a vowel at the end of their last name

Like an "o"

Yup.  I TOTALLY agree with this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh it's all right now, Tommy got religion and is engaged to be married to a former tv anchor/now religious radio host.  He'll be fine, all is forgiven..................SARCASM.

This guy is and always has been a pos, I know a former neighbor that was involved in a lawsuit against him, the neighbor prevailed.
View Quote

What did the lawsuit have to do with? Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you're trusting (for lack of a better word) any talk show host to pick your mortgage lender or proctologist for you, you're doing it wrong. My issue with Boyles was that he chose to shill for one gun-store owner who is sleazy at a level normally only seen among Democrats.

Mike Rosen (previously one of my favorites) lost a few points when he started doing advertisements for US Law Shield, which is at best the Amway of legal services. Still the best thing in his time slot, though.

I haven't heard Jon Caldara do anything too slimy. I miss having him on full-time. He and Phil Hendrie used to get me through the night shift.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find that I can't listen to Caldara for more than 5 min....he pauses too much for me (while speaking) and takes too long to get a thought out. Sucks cuz he may be the straightest one out there but I'll never know. I like Mandy in the morning but only listen when I drive my wife's car....she doesn't have Sirius. If I'm in a car with Sirius then it's either Fox News or the Stern Show.......ya I know, polar opposites.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Try 560am
View Quote

560 is decent.  I can only take so much of Randy Corporon (he doesn't quite get it).  Ken Clark is pretty good.  Kris Cook is OK, but she gets annoying.  Listen to her repeat herself.  I think Pete's show is still the best morning show.  I miss the Jason Lewis show.  That was probably the best one IMO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Property/building issues.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Try 560am
View Quote

Will do. I wish I could get more O'Reilly than just 1 hour of The Factor. He has his faults, like all of us, but I think he's the most honest and right on. Don't even get me started on Glen Beck.....he's a freekin loon!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Will do. I wish I could get more O'Reilly than just 1 hour of The Factor. He has his faults, like all of us, but I think he's the most honest and right on. Don't even get me started on Glen Beck.....he's a freekin loon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try 560am

Ask O'Really? where we can get those machine guns and rocket launchers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try 560am

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try 560am

What did I miss?

O'Really has been an anti-gun douche for a long time. One of those who's convinced that he's the only person in New York who needs CCW.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

O'Really has been an anti-gun douche for a long time. One of those who's convinced that he's the only person in New York who needs CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try 560am

What did I miss?

No......seriously? I've been listening to him for years and never heard that. I believe you guys but find it hard to believe a conservative would be anti 2nd amendment. I guess I have some googling to do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#23]
He also doesn't know a damn thing about firearms, but acts like he's the expert.  He confuses being smug with being smart.

ETA: Sorry we're hijacking your Martino thread, OP.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He also doesn't know a damn thing about firearms, but acts like he's the expert.  He confuses being smug with being smart.

ETA: Sorry we're hijacking your Martino thread, OP.  
View Quote

It's all good.....conversations take twists and turns. I googled a bit, to say he is anti gun I think is unfair (from what I watched) in fact he said he is not anti gun and tried to set Leterman straight in the full auto/semi auto statements Leterman said. Where he gets into trouble is when he believes in gun registration so that, in his words, if a cop finds a gun on a "thug" which is not registered (in the attempt to commit a crime) they could be given a mandatory 10 federal sentence (he wants a mandatory 10 year federal sentence for gun crimes). I don't agree with him on this issue, but he is not anti gun.......conceded elitist....maybe, but still has valid points on many issues.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I was an avid listener, I no longer trust him and think he is a scumbag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
BTW have anyone heard about podcasts?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BTW have anyone heard about podcasts?
View Quote

Ya, I've heard about them. Never listened to any though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top