Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 8:12:50 PM EDT
Please respect hunters and our forest land. Ran across several groups blasting away today, legally, on forest service land.

But, these big game hunters have spent countless hours scouting, prepping their gear, and paying money for their tags and gear.

Yes it's your right, and that's part of the reason we live here.

Pay a few dollars for a range visit in the next few weeks.

I'm not posting this to tell you what to do or not do. Just have some respect.

Thanks

Here are the dates of the upcoming seasons.

Nov. 1-9

Nov. 12-16

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always avoided shooting in the forest during hunting season.
A. Out of respect for fellow hunters
B. Texans here hunting (I don't want to get shot)
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Gmu 42 was full of target shooters this week. Also plenty if what I assume to be drunken night fire at midnight.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Gmu 42 was full of target shooters this week. Also plenty if what I assume to be drunken night fire at midnight.
View Quote
I did a bit of wheelin in 38. My back yard. I have a torn ACL, getting surgery next month. I didn't bother getting tags.

Just depressing seeing these people having at it. I would be pissed...people aren't getting animals within many miles of centerfire rifle shooting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've always avoided shooting in the forest during hunting season.

A. Out of respect for fellow hunters

B. Texans here hunting (I don't want to get shot)
View Quote
Well you...thank you.

They deserve a chance to spend their money here too!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Support
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the post with the heads up.  I'm not a hunter so I didn't have had a clue.  Definitely not going shooting on public land during the dates you mentioned so we can live in peaceful coexistence.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I always try to target shoot during hunting season.  As long as I have a tag for it, I'm shooting my target!

Good heads up, wish more people, including oblivious hikers would be careful during hunting season
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I've found "hunters" target shooting in their camps.  30 rd mag dump target shooting.  Even in archery season.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd also like to add that if you're not a hunter and you're just out hiking around or camping, please wear something brighter.
I've seen plenty of Dbag hunters shoot at anything and I do worry about horses, campers, cattle during the season.

Side note:  The season for some of last from Sept 1, 2014 - Jan 31, 2014.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
While I do appreciate your perspective, and do indeed avoid the woods myself during hunting season for safety and courtesy reasons - I do also think your concern is larger than the reality.  In my opinion (and observation), wildlife near regular shooting areas tend to become used to the gunfire noises, and human noises, and tend to tune it out.  Indeed, an area that commonly has target shooting, but now suddenly doesn't, may be worse, than if it continued as per normal.

Just a different perspective to consider.  I once had a hunter jump my case for target shooting at a gun range facility he was hunting near.  It was an irrational and unpleasant experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top