Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 11:35:16 AM EDT
I just wanted to share some info I've found over the past few months.
I've been looking I buy my first AK for some time - been eying the +/- $500 N-PAPs
In case anyone else is doing some online shopping...
AIM will keep the 30rnd mags and deduct from the sale price
Buds, cheaper than dirt, and PSA will not.
Anyone else have relevant info?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I've been looking I buy my first AK for some time - been eying the +/- $500 N-PAPs

View Quote
Atlantic will ship the rifle sans magazine with no deduction

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
good to know
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I may or may not know a guy who recently ordered a 6920 from a well known dealer.
Well, said rifle may or may not have shipped with 5 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quantical Tactical shipped me a bunch of M&P 17 round mags a few months back, and didn't get a flying fuck about my address
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quantical Tactical shipped me a bunch of M&P 17 round mags a few months back, and didn't get a flying fuck about my address
View Quote

Nice!

44mag.com won't even ship mags to another state if the billing address is in CO
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brownells and Cope's Distributing won't either.

They all lost me as a customer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has been my experience that Buds and CTD won't ship the firearm to CO at all if it comes with a magazine over 15 rounds.  They'll just cancel the order.  

JGsales.com will ship to CO, but they keep the mag and don't offer any discount.

I ordered a Colt 6920 from SportsmansOutdoorSuperstore.com last year.  They swapped out the 30 round mag for a 10 round mag.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Lanbo's Armory will ship mags and not care about your address.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a buyer from NY or CA that want's your NFA / less than 16" bbl upper do you sell it.. OR turn down buyer since you're concerned it may be a LE sting?
Isn't that the vendors prerogative, to keep his or her business stay legal in all 50 states. Some don't care others. Their business their rules.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midway shipped a 16 rd. mag to my dad in MI, which I bought for him being the great son that I am.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you have a buyer from NY or CA that want's your NFA / less than 16" bbl upper do you sell it.. OR turn down buyer since you're concerned it may be a LE sting?
Isn't that the vendors prerogative, to keep his or her business stay legal in all 50 states. Some don't care others. Their business their rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many vendors will let me order magazines over 15 rounds and have them shipped to someone else at an out-of-state address.  But the above mentioned vendors won't.

Yeah, I understand it's their prerogative.  It's their business and their rules.  

Well, it's my prerogative as a consumer to do business with whomever I want.  And I choose not to do business with vendors like 44Mag, Brownells, and Cope's.  Plenty of other options out there.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty lame if they wouldn't even take an order with a CO billing address if the mags are going elsewhere. Nothing illegal about that, and it would be pretty shaky to even get sued over sending mags to a legal state.

You gotta make a stand somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Agree on having good luck with Atlantic and AIM where they pull the mag but still ship the rifle.  K-VAR shipped an AK w a 10 round mag but cancelled an order with a 30 rd mag which I asked them to pull .  They said that they would not ship the rifle without the "original" mag claiming a warranty issue.

As far as vendors not accepting CO credit cards and shipment to "free" states I'm afraid its a financial decision.  Apparently the companies that have been sending repair kits to CA have been subject to lawsuits and regardless of who's right or wrong it costs money to deal with that crap.

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/11/san-francisco-city-attorney-sues-suppliers-of-high-capacity-magazine-repair-kits/

http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/12/san-francisco-targets-repair-kits-that-s

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:28:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pretty lame if they wouldn't even take an order with a CO billing address if the mags are going elsewhere. Nothing illegal about that, and it would be pretty shaky to even get sued over sending mags to a legal state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said something similar to my attorney many years back.
It's not about getting sued, it's about getting tangled up in a sting operation. That 1/2 ass story 9news? ran. WE both know there's MDA, VPC and other anti groups looking to get something on tape. Myself i'm not that photogenic. Tell you what you lead the charge. I'll drop a few $$ when your post for atty fees comes up.

There's a thread in GD from a PA member received a call, wanting to buy his rifle. Caller said he was from NJ. The OP felt something wasn't right, good move.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top