Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:08 AM EDT
Hi Folks

I just stumbled on the website for the Pawnee Sportsmen's Center, and their monthly 3 gun meets look pretty fun. Has anyone on here been to any of them? I'd like to give the sport a try and this looks like a good option.

On that note, can anyone advise on what equipment would be necessary for a first timer? I've got the weapons covered, but what about things like slings, mag carriers and dump pouches? How much ammo should I bring? What kind of shotgun ammo is used?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump, I was just talking to another member about this.

Interested also.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
in for 411.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a fun time. Bring a rifle, pistol, shotgun, a holster and some means of carrying a couple spare mags and you're good to go. Usually at least half the stages are shot over natural terrain rather than in square bays.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Any idea how much ammo is necessary, and what kind of shotgun ammo?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The website says 200 pistol/200 rifle/25 shotgun, but most of the time it ends up being about 100/100/10. I always bring the stated amount just in case, since this month's ended up having more rounds down than usual.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it.

Was that on the Pawnee sports men's center site? Because I'm not seeing much info on there. Is there another page with more info?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Events and info usually get posted here: https://www.facebook.com/VictoryDefenseConsulting
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a fun casual match. Not really super competitive. Just a bunch of dudes looking to have fun. It's very light on the shotgun (at least the match i was in).
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what kind of shotgun ammo?
View Quote

Birdshot is fine, any type. I used to go regularly, it's a blast. They do night shoots a few times a year that I highly recommend.

I will say the pistol stages are challenging for me: they frequently involve small targets at ranges in excess of 25 feet. As such, I always need more ammo than the others to finish a stage. A rough estimate of 250/250/25 will usually be more than enough with room to spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top