Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 4:25:27 PM EDT
I have out of town guest coming into town and for some reason they chose to stay in the DTC area what well thought of (Non chain) restaurants are dow there from Park Meadows mall north into DTC

And while it is not in the DTC how is the Buckhorn Exchange.  Is it just your typical steak house getting by on reputation and history alone or is it genuinely good.  (I know it is one of the few with a wide variety of game meat.)
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing in the DTC that I would really recommend really.   However, I can't eat at the Buckhorn ... too many eyes
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Brooks steakhouse was recommended that is down by Park Meadows mall.  http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
then there is Shanahans or other steakhouses like that.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread about a month or so ago asking the same thing.  I recommended CB & Potts...I don't remember what others recommended.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Not exclusively a steak house but The perfect landing is a nice place.

Little different location (looks out to the runway of Centennial Airport) Nice place with very good food excellent steaks and fresh seafood.

http://www.theperfectlanding.com/
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
A little bit west of there are two of my favorite restaurants in the area and they are no where near as pricy as Brooks or Shanahan's (although they are both very good.)  Located on County Line and Holly are Los Dos Potrillos, great mexican or Wild Basil a good Thai place.  Just some offerings if they are not looking at spending $30-$40 a plate.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Los Dos Portillos is decent enough.  I like Carlos Miguels off of Broadway and Highlands Ranch a bit better.  Garcias is pretty good as well, they're off of Belleview and 25ish area.  Also Ted's Montana Grill is good enough if you want some bison.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The Perfect Landing at Centennial Airport, great food with a cool view.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't you need a coat for brooks?
Cool River is off of 25 and belleview . Great Northern is right down from there. If you want Italian, Il Fornaio is in the same parking lot as Cool River. Del Friscos if you want to drop some cash. Jing is expensive good Chinese. McCormicks & Schmicks was great food and service, up a few blocks from Great Northern. Flemings steakhouse is on the north east side of I25 and county line rd, catty corner of park meadows. Was good when we went, though we haven't been in a few years.

edit-Never been to the Buckhorn, never heard anything bad, but it is straight "hood" over there. You are 1 or 2 blocks from the projects.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#9]
"spqrzilla
USA CO, USA
Offline  Posts: 2016
Link To This Post
EE Feedback 0% (0)
Posted: 10/13/2014 6:26:17 PM MDT
Nothing in the DTC that I would really recommend really. However, I can't eat at the Buckhorn ... too many eyes"

Really, really? Have you been to DTC and eaten lately? If not, you're missing out, and your post (while interestingly psychotic) eludes to your idiosyncratic ways. Not to say that your not a genius, but DTC is my backyard.

Drop 120 per person at Del Friscos. They have great steaks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:31:06 AM EDT
[#10]
we ate at Shanahans two weeks ago.  awesome experience.  id go back in a heartbeat!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top