Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 8:31:47 PM EDT
Going to be out in CO on the 26th doing some hiking.  Looking for recommendations on where to eat in Colorado Springs and Estes Park areas.  I also plan on visiting Vail and Aspen when I'm out that way, but I won't be staying in either place except for a day trip while I'm close to the springs still.

My food preferences are anything but fish.  Anything else goes and my price range is whatever, but its highly doubtful i'll spend one than $50 per person, but if there is a place totally worth it, I would consider going higher.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in the Springs over the weekend, ate at Phantom Canyon. It was good, wish I could have tried lots of stuff on the menu.

ETA I thnk I spent $40 on a artichoke dip for the wife, a burger for me and 2 beers.

Havent been to estes in years, but someone will chime in.

Enjoy your trip!

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
In Estes, go eat dinner at the Wapiti Pub.  Elk and buffalo burgers, good beer list, all around a good place.

If they're still open, go to the Glen Haven General Store for an amazing cinnamon roll.  They'll probably be closed by then, though.  If that fails, be sure to grab a donut at the Donut Haus, but get there early as they'll sell out early in the day.  Maybe not so much that late in the season, but do it just to be safe.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Jake and telly's greek restaurant in Colorado springs (old Colorado city)

great food

youre welcome

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll endorse Jake and Telly's on old Colorado City section of Colorado Springs and the Phantom Canyon in downtown Colo Spgs. Those are my fav places too.

I haven't really had a memorable meal in Estes Park to be frank, but there is a diner on the west side of Estes called The Other Side at Hwy 36 and Moraine that is OK.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Estes Park...Smokin Daves BBQ. Ate there 3-4x in the last couple of years, never had a bad meal. Prices seem reasonable, you can download a menu. Always packed. Tip, They don't take reservations but I've called and they have put my name on the list as long as I get there within 15 minutes.

The Stanley Hotel is in Estes as well. That is where Stephen King got the idea for The Shining. Little fact for ya: Stephen King was pissed that the movie wasn't filmed there so he directed the mini series that he filmed there. The history tour (not the ghost tour, unless you are into that kind of thing) is quite interesting. They also have a whiskey bar that has 580 labels. It's quite a place.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Monica's Taco Shop in the Springs for a breakfast burrito, it's a heart attack on a tortilla.  El Taco Rey east side of downtown for Mexican, the avocado pork burrito smothered in green chile is legendary.  They close early, though.  La Casita isn't bad either.

http://www.eltacorey.com/

http://lacasitamexigrill.com/
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Estes Park...Smokin Daves BBQ. Ate there 3-4x in the last couple of years, never had a bad meal. Prices seem reasonable, you can download a menu. Always packed. Tip, They don't take reservations but I've called and they have put my name on the list as long as I get there within 15 minutes.

The Stanley Hotel is in Estes as well. That is where Stephen King got the idea for The Shining. Little fact for ya: Stephen King was pissed that the movie wasn't filmed there so he directed the mini series that he filmed there. The history tour (not the ghost tour, unless you are into that kind of thing) is quite interesting. They also have a whiskey bar that has 580 labels. It's quite a place.

Enjoy
View Quote

Gotta warn you against Smokin Daves if you're used to real BBQ of any sort.

Perhaps being from Kansas City ruined most other BBQ for me, but Smokin' Dave's is not really that good IMO.  YMMV!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Bah.

Go get a burger at Penelope's in Estes.  Old school greasy burger and fries.  

burgers

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to like Meadow Muffins in Colorado Springs,  but it's been a while so can't vouch for current quality.  Also like the Dunraven Inn in Estes park is great Italian food.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Meadow Muffins is closed now.  For breakfast or lunch, King's Chef Diner downtown (either the original small diner, or their brick&mortar location).  It's been featured on Triple-D; order the Grump or the Grouch.  For chain BBQ, Rudy's.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Molly Bs in Estes. Best home cookin. Eat there every time we go up
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meadow Muffins is closed now.  For breakfast or lunch, King's Chef Diner downtown (either the original small diner, or their brick&mortar location).  It's been featured on Triple-D; order the Grump or the Grouch.  For chain BBQ, Rudy's.
View Quote

I wouldn't recommend Rudy's unless they want to spend 20-45 minutes waiting in line...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top