Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2014 11:24:24 PM EDT
Hi all,

Preface: sorry if this has been covered to no end. I just joined the site and I couldn't seem to get the search function to work...

Just wondering about some good places to shoot outdoors near Boulder/ Nederland/ Longmont. I moved here from Georgia a few months ago and haven't been shooting since I got here.  It's time.  I know technically you can shoot anywhere on public land, as long as you're far from anything and not an idiot, but I've been wary of going out to find a spot on my own, since I'm not familiar with the area. Also apparently Boulder decided to close some areas after the floods and its a little confusing...
Any tips are appreciated! And I'm always interested in meeting more Colorado friends, especially ones with shared interests.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
IM inbound, welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Anywhere in the national forest is good.  When I was in school there I would go shooting up Left Hand Canyon past where they had the shooting closures (its open to shoot past Jamestown as far as I know).

Just NW of the town in between the mountain ridges off Rd 87 Google Jamestown CO.  Several pulloffs where you will see people have been shooting.

ETA- as to the flooding closures, I cant speak.  I havent been shooting there in about 3 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top