Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 7:38:11 PM EDT
Hi all!

Georgia guy here.  Going to be headed to Colorado Springs shortly and have one full day off (a Monday if it matters).  I've visited the National Museum of World War II aviation and Garden of the Gods in the past.  I'll have a car.  Any suggestions on what to do for a day, and also any recommendations of black rifle/accessory stores I shouldn't miss?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Specialty Sports.  It might just be the biggest gun store you've ever seen.  Quite a variety, prices on the high side.

The Air Force Academy has quite a visitors' center.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for a quick 1-2 HR hike in north Cheyenne canyon 15 min from downtown

http://cheyennecanon.org/trails-in-north-cheyenne-canon-park/

Then head to Bristol brewing in the ivywild school for a beer

http://www.bristolbrewing.com/
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Darrellbear and J-L, thanks very much for the suggestions.  Any exercise finished with beer is good exercise, imo.   On another forum some guys suggested an Army museum at Fort Carson south of C Springs.  Any of you hometown guys been there?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That museum is right outside the main gate of Fort Carson.  It is a new addition to the base.  It is supposed to be nice.  I have not visited it yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Specialty Sports.  It might just be the biggest gun store you've ever seen.  Quite a variety, prices on the high side.

The Air Force Academy has quite a visitors' center.
View Quote

Just a fantastic selection, especially with optics. Prices are way high, often on the order of 50%.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just a fantastic selection, especially with optics. Prices are way high, often on the order of 50%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually went to Specialty Sports last April right after touring the WWII museum.  You guys were right on the selection, and right on the prices.  That said, I did get a steal of a deal on some Muck brand Wetlands boots.  They also had a bargain rack with a Swarovski Z6 at 60% off retail....I didn't have a gun to put it on, but man, that was tempting.

Thanks again for the suggestions, Colorado HTF!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi all!

Georgia guy here.  Going to be headed to Colorado Springs shortly and have one full day off (a Monday if it matters).  I've visited the National Museum of World War II aviation and Garden of the Gods in the past.  I'll have a car.  Any suggestions on what to do for a day, and also any recommendations of black rifle/accessory stores I shouldn't miss?  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

If you let me know which monday i might be able to give you some tips as to what is going on.

EDIT: Also, dragonman's museum makes for a great sunday morning if you can make the drive.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Not so exciting but the Trader Joe's in Springs opened this past Friday. My neighbor tried to go today and they were still packed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not so exciting but the Trader Joe's in Springs opened this past Friday. My neighbor tried to go today and they were still packed.
View Quote

Didn't know you were that infested with CA carpetbaggers down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top