Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 5:09:54 PM EDT
I chatted with a bunch of you locals about 1.5 years ago on a store idea and I'm getting closer to making it a reality. My FFL is in the works and I'll be located in Highlands Ranch - Lone Tree area. It'll be home based for the fall/winter/early spring then I want to be ready for a storefront. I know Cabela's may be competition but I'm hoping the style I have will be useful to like-minded individuals. Besides good prices of IN STOCK items will be a solid gear selection, CCW/advanced training offerings, preparedness items, ammo, reasonable transfers, NFA items/transfers, etc.

Anyone have any words on what pisses you off the most about "normal" gun stores? Other feedback? I've been running a large company as COO-CFO but have always wanted to do my own thing. Maybe an ARFCOM get together to put up shelving when the time is right
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Prices that compete with the Internet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to have another ffl on board. IMO, With rentals of residential & commercial hot commodities, you might reconsider a store front. Get a good customer base, save the rent and utilities paid to someone else and bank it away. With current sq ft leases and them wanting 3-5 yr contracts. That $1500 (easy) saved on rent, keeps inventory levels up.
You can't compete with the internet and volume buyers pricing wise. Those that say they'll do business, would order on line to save $5.  EVERYONE WANT'S IT YESTERDAY
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
no gun store commandos and the acknowledgement you probably don't know as much as a customer does about a particular thing he wants to order--or at least the acknowledgement that you don't know something and don't BS about it

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for you!

Knowledgeable courteous staff and customer service.

Competitive pricing, willingness to order items that are a little different than what you have in stock.

View Quote

Highlighted in red

I'm by South Glenn, so you'll probably hear from me.  I like a good storefront where I can go in and bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Parker and catch the train at Lincoln every day. You will definitely get some of my busines. My number one complaint since moving here from Georgia is I haven't been able to find a place to do an FFL transfer for less than $40. I only paid $25 at my local store in GA.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in Parker and catch the train at Lincoln every day. You will definitely get some of my busines. My number one complaint since moving here from Georgia is I haven't been able to find a place to do an FFL transfer for less than $40. I only paid $25 at my local store in GA.
View Quote

must not be looking very hard
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]

must not be looking very hard
View Quote

Do share.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Mile High Concealed Carry, The Bullseye LLC, Rapid Fire Bunker, I think the Shootin Shack was $20, but Jay is moving the operation back home.  I'm sure there's more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mile High Concealed Carry, The Bullseye LLC, Rapid Fire Bunker, I think the Shootin Shack was $20, but Jay is moving the operation back home.  I'm sure there's more.
View Quote

Thanks.  I'll check those out.

Edit to add: MGniko do let me know when you are open for business and how much you charge for an FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Edit to add: MGniko do let me know when you are open for business and how much you charge for an FFL transfer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

any of those guys should be $35 OTD for transfers tops.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds great guys, thank you so much! I wouldn't charge more than $20 for a transfer and if you get multiple items maybe $5 for each after that. NFA items $50-$75 range or so once I get that side running. I'm definitely knowledgeable, courteous, and don't know everything about everything but I'm willing to find out and educate myself. I can't stand places that look down on people or don't take the time to explain in detail things to new shooters. I want my place to be built on word of mouth reputation for fair prices and a good family business. Back home in Alaska I sold ammo part-time from home and had a great reputation with ARFCOM members and other locals.

Anyway I may continue to pick everyone's brain as the process moves forward

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Re: survival items, if you sell or put together kits, put quality items in them.  I get sick of seeing people/clients with a $100 kit with 50 49 cent items in it.

And a box of band-aids is not a first aid kit
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
What's the time frame on when you will be ready for FFL transfers?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the time frame on when you will be ready for FFL transfers?
View Quote

As soon as ATF gets my paperwork completed  I'm in Highlands Ranch off Lincoln & Quebec. Anyone feel free to drop me an IM as I'll also order items for people at cost + 10% unless you need to use a credit card, then I think it'll be Cost + 15%. Still working out the details on how I can help everyone build their collections, make a few bucks for my efforts, and get a good name here in Colorado as I had in Alaska.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top