Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 12:30:14 AM EDT
9 News, Kevin Torres, did this story on a place called Soldierstone, hidden somewhere in the Rio Grande National Forest.  I've never heard of it, but I'm glad to know it's there.  It was a very good read/watch.

http://www.9news.com/longform/news/military/2014/08/24/mysterious-soldierstone/14544461/
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Up around Gunnison.  You can find the coordinates online on a couple of sites.  Looks to be a good monument in a very nice area.  Hopefully the story doesn't generate the wrong kind of interest from people that would tear it up or deface it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty cool. I will put that on the need to to do soon list.

We were on our way home from New Mexico, and we decided to drive through Angel Fire. We stumbled upon Vietnam Veterans Memorial and stopped to check it out. It was really nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I worked in Saguache County for 2.5 years and I never knew about this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top