Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 4:07:19 AM EDT
well I went up to recon the new range the state put in up there.  it looks nice but if you want shade bring your own awning..
and the " billybobs" are already dumping there trash around the place.. other than that it looks good...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
well I went up to recon the new range the state put in up there.  it looks nice but if you want shade bring your own awning..
and the " billybobs" are already dumping there trash around the place.. other than that it looks good...
View Quote

I vote any arfcommer that goes to any public range takes a trash bag to fill after every range trip. It may be shooters, or it may be people that don't want to pay dump fees. Either way, it makes us look bad.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been out to the grasslands to shoot before.  Great spot.  What has been set up at the range?  Distances? Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm new to Colorado. Is there still plenty of open space to set up your own targets and shoot?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
aperently so when I went to the new range I drove past the old gultch and it was posted no shooting within 100 feet
and there was people doing just that. I saw some people shooting long range as well
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
aperently so when I went to the new range I drove past the old gultch and it was posted no shooting within 100 feet
and there was people doing just that. I saw some people shooting long range as well
View Quote

Ive seen  that as well. It looks like it is only for that main road, which the shooting range is on. If you go out farther, there shouldnt be a problem. Also, 100 feet isnt that far to walk.Just don't drive and park that distance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you go out farther, there shouldnt be a problem. Also, 100 feet isnt that far to walk.Just don't drive and park that distance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go out farther, there shouldnt be a problem. Also, 100 feet isnt that far to walk.Just don't drive and park that distance.

So just to be sure I understand what you're saying. Do you have to be 100 ft away from your own car?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Practically, yes. He's saying don't drive out onto the grasslands off the road. It makes the Feds get all tumescent.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#9]
oh sry about the confusion... the area that was popular (the gultch) is gated off and posted "no shooting within 100 feet"
what I saw was people going down the road beyond the 100 feet post and setting up there along side the road to shoot

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Practically, yes. He's saying don't drive out onto the grasslands off the road. It makes the Feds get all tumescent.
View Quote

WARNING: IF you park your vehicle more than 10' off the road, you will be fined. THE FINE IS $257 IIRC from last time we were there. That's per vehicle. They made bank off us. 3x. It helps if you have 4+ in your vehicle, should you decide to ignore my warning.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

WARNING: IF you park your vehicle more than 10' off the road, you will be fined. THE FINE IS $257 IIRC from last time we were there. That's per vehicle. They made bank off us. 3x. It helps if you have 4+ in your vehicle, should you decide to ignore my warning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are there posted no parking signs?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#12]
no I dident see any .   the people I saw shooting were parked on the road and walked off to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top